Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 86

Thread: O/T Fuel Queues

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    4,827

    O/T Fuel Queues

    Not a drop of petrol anywhere. Mine and a lot of other businesses who rely on a car/van will be right shafted for gawd knows how long. Perhaps this bumbling Government will train up some GPs to drive the lorries as most don't do hardly anything else.

  2. #2

    DVLA union action

    Quote Originally Posted by phild View Post
    Not a drop of petrol anywhere. Mine and a lot of other businesses who rely on a car/van will be right shafted for gawd knows how long. Perhaps this bumbling Government will train up some GPs to drive the lorries as most don't do hardly anything else.

    The problem is industrial action @ DVLA - working 2 day week creating licence backlogs since June.
    Apparently HGV need a special licence after tests abnd GP report then goes to DVLA for appro.

    So it's industrial action that is a major reason for the problem- but that is not reported just Brexit & Covid- project fear again

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    7,336
    Quote Originally Posted by phild View Post
    Not a drop of petrol anywhere. Mine and a lot of other businesses who rely on a car/van will be right shafted for gawd knows how long. Perhaps this bumbling Government will train up some GPs to drive the lorries as most don't do hardly anything else.

    I am sure a lot of these illegal immigrants coming in on dinghies would love to train to be lorry drivers or pick fruit! Simple equation - unless they do the work they receive sweet
    F uck all! No such thing as a free lunch and after all they get to stay here so a real win win

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    18,843
    Plugs car in and has satisfied smile to oneself 😏

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Posts
    1,614
    Quote Originally Posted by phild View Post
    Not a drop of petrol anywhere. Mine and a lot of other businesses who rely on a car/van will be right shafted for gawd knows how long. Perhaps this bumbling Government will train up some GPs to drive the lorries as most don't do hardly anything else.
    This is what we voted for.

    We might have a fuel shortage, but at least we've got our blue passports, right.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    4,827
    Quote Originally Posted by mickd1961 View Post
    Plugs car in and has satisfied smile to oneself ��
    Power cuts come winter? Personally I wouldn't trust a flippin word this Government says anymore.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    18,843
    Quote Originally Posted by phild View Post
    Power cuts come winter? Personally I wouldn't trust a flippin word this Government says anymore.
    Joking apart Phil they do need to get their act together.

    Allowing temporary visas for 5000 HGV drivers isnít the answer, itís not enough for starters and thereís a general shortage of drivers even in the Eu by all accounts.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    7,336
    Quote Originally Posted by WBA123 View Post
    This is what we voted for.

    We might have a fuel shortage, but at least we've got our blue passports, right.


    Most of these illegal immigrants on dinghies will be receiving the blue passports before many here need to renew! Sadly, it's many of the hard working EU Nationals who are leaving as they can't afford the cost of living here anymore!

    Any decent jobs going in Krakow - oh I forgot we can't work there now if we wanted! That's my dream of living in Tenerife in later years with vineyards and lemon trees gone to pot!

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    6,929
    No problems according to a chat with a delivery driver. BP had a problem. True enough I've seen tankers at lots of filling stations. BBC of course did a great job of creating mass panic.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    1,737
    Quote Originally Posted by boingy View Post
    No problems according to a chat with a delivery driver. BP had a problem. True enough I've seen tankers at lots of filling stations. BBC of course did a great job of creating mass panic.
    I can assure you there is no fuel shortage it is 1 company that is having trouble with 1 of its contracts the statement was put out to cause issues for all the other delivery companies so they don't look so bad.

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •