+ Visit West Bromwich Albion FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: O/T Fuel Queues

There wouldn't be a problem if the media didn't keep telling the public that there is a shortage and not to panic buy. That will guarantee that they will panic buy. My wife went to fill up yesterday as she was empty and was told by an attendant that loads of customers were topping up with £3 to £5's worth. People are stupid!

I filled up my hybrid today purely because I’m in Harrogate on holiday in two weeks time and need to be sure I can get there and back in between electrical top ups.

For the next two weeks I can keep a full tank and just live of my 55 mile electric range.

I got petrol quite easily at the one petrol station in Chaddesley Corbett, it’s often worth travelling to a more rural spot to an independent petrol station in times like this.

There was always a very good place on the Leominster to Worcester road just outside Leominster that I used to travel 36 miles to use during the fuel protest era 30 years ago.......they always had fuel.

Rural stations are worth hunting down and driving to in my opinion.

Some stations are setting a maximum of £30. Do the opposite and set a £30 minimum that would stop some of the silliness!

My wife's car is due for renewal in April Seriously thinking of leasing full electric. Favourite atm is a VW iD3. Anyone else own got any opinions.
    Last edited by 9goals2hattricks3pen; 25-09-2021 at 03:27 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Leicesterbaggie View Post
    There wouldn't be a problem if the media didn't keep telling the public that there is a shortage and not to panic buy. That will guarantee that they will panic buy. My wife went to fill up yesterday as she was empty and was told by an attendant that loads of customers were topping up with £3 to £5's worth. People are stupid!
    Correct. People are stupid.

17m people voted in favour of being poorer and disrupting our supply chains.

At what point does Project Fear become Project Reality...

Quote Originally Posted by WBA123 View Post

Acknowledgement there was a 'Project Gear' that's a start.

There are supply chain disruptions all over the world. More to do with China and a huge upsurge in demand for certain products during lockdowns than Brexit.

Your belief seems to be that anyone who voted 'Out' is 'stupid' and anyone who voted 'in' is 'quite intelligent.' Interesting!
    Last edited by 9goals2hattricks3pen; 25-09-2021 at 03:35 PM.

Your first sentence doesn't make any sense to me.

Your 2nd seems to be implying that its China's fault that we instigated sending thousands of EU HGV drivers and fruit pickers home.

Your 3rd is closest to the mark. You have to say, Leavers are far more likely to more uneducated than Remainers. The proof was in the way they voted.

Personally, I didn't vote although was swayed by Brexit. What a mistake that was and I admit it? Where are the trade deals? Are we better off financially? Why are more illegal immigrants coming in now than in larger numbers prior to Brexit? Why are many of the hard working EU Nationals packing their bags and going home?

Your first sentence doesn't make any sense to me.

Your 2nd seems to be implying that its China's fault that we instigated sending thousands of EU HGV drivers and fruit pickers home.

Your 3rd is closest to the mark. You have to say, Leavers are far more likely to more uneducated than Remainers. The proof was in the way they voted.
    1. Remainers always denied 'Project Fear' existed. They didn't lie or present everything as negative did they? Anyone who is intelligent or at least not stupid knows nothing is ever as black and white as that.

2. It's not China's fault but if Brexit was the primary reason for shortages why is the rest of the world also suffering?

3. Your third statement is a disgrace. Shame on you!

We are 18 months into this. 18 unprecedented months. I never saw this a quick fix. Anyone who is intelligent would not need to be told this.
    Last edited by 9goals2hattricks3pen; 25-09-2021 at 04:40 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by mickd1961 View Post
    I filled up my hybrid today purely because I’m in Harrogate on holiday in two weeks time and need to be sure I can get there and back in between electrical top ups.

For the next two weeks I can keep a full tank and just live of my 55 mile electric range.

I got petrol quite easily at the one petrol station in Chaddesley Corbett, it’s often worth travelling to a more rural spot to an independent petrol station in times like this.

There was always a very good place on the Leominster to Worcester road just outside Leominster that I used to travel 36 miles to use during the fuel protest era 30 years ago.......they always had fuel.

Rural stations are worth hunting down and driving to in my opinion.
    The garage at chaddesley has just had a delivery as well as just come past it 😃

Quote Originally Posted by 9goals2hattricks3pen View Post
    1. Remainers always denied 'Project Fear' existed. They didn't lie or present everything as negative did they? Anyone who is intelligent or at least not stupid knows nothing is ever as black and white as that.

2. It's not China's fault but if Brexit was the primary reason for shortages why is the rest of the world also suffering?

3. Your third statement is a disgrace. Shame on you!

We are 18 months into this. 18 unprecedented months. I never saw this a quick fix. Anyone who is intelligent would not need to be told this.
    1. I think you're very confused. Project Fear was a meaningless slogan, used typically by Leavers, to bat away any negative forecasts that were predicted by the consequences of Brexit.

2. Are other countries suffering to the extent we are. I know you live in a rose tinted Brexit world, so I'll answer that for you, no they're not.

3. Why? That's my opinion. If you put 100 or 1000 Leave voters in a room with the same number of Remainers you would find that the Remainers will probably be better educated. I'd love to know if there was a study or any research done by this.

And as for your last statement, this should be quite a straightforward question for you, when should we expect our Brexit benefits to start? Do I need to wait a month, or a year, or a decade? Please, do give me an idea when I should expect to be better off as a result of the Brexit vote.

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)