+ Visit West Bromwich Albion FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: O/T Fuel Queues

O/T Fuel Queues

Not a drop of petrol anywhere. Mine and a lot of other businesses who rely on a car/van will be right shafted for gawd knows how long. Perhaps this bumbling Government will train up some GPs to drive the lorries as most don't do hardly anything else.

DVLA union action

Quote Originally Posted by phild View Post
    Not a drop of petrol anywhere. Mine and a lot of other businesses who rely on a car/van will be right shafted for gawd knows how long. Perhaps this bumbling Government will train up some GPs to drive the lorries as most don't do hardly anything else.

The problem is industrial action @ DVLA - working 2 day week creating licence backlogs since June.
    Apparently HGV need a special licence after tests abnd GP report then goes to DVLA for appro.

So it's industrial action that is a major reason for the problem- but that is not reported just Brexit & Covid- project fear again

I am sure a lot of these illegal immigrants coming in on dinghies would love to train to be lorry drivers or pick fruit! Simple equation - unless they do the work they receive sweet
    F uck all! No such thing as a free lunch and after all they get to stay here so a real win win

Plugs car in and has satisfied smile to oneself 😏

This is what we voted for.

We might have a fuel shortage, but at least we've got our blue passports, right.

Quote Originally Posted by mickd1961 View Post
    Plugs car in and has satisfied smile to oneself ��
    Power cuts come winter? Personally I wouldn't trust a flippin word this Government says anymore.

Power cuts come winter? Personally I wouldn't trust a flippin word this Government says anymore.
    Joking apart Phil they do need to get their act together.

Allowing temporary visas for 5000 HGV drivers isn’t the answer, it’s not enough for starters and there’s a general shortage of drivers even in the Eu by all accounts.

Quote Originally Posted by WBA123 View Post
    This is what we voted for.

We might have a fuel shortage, but at least we've got our blue passports, right.

Most of these illegal immigrants on dinghies will be receiving the blue passports before many here need to renew! Sadly, it's many of the hard working EU Nationals who are leaving as they can't afford the cost of living here anymore!

Any decent jobs going in Krakow - oh I forgot we can't work there now if we wanted! That's my dream of living in Tenerife in later years with vineyards and lemon trees gone to pot!

No problems according to a chat with a delivery driver. BP had a problem. True enough I've seen tankers at lots of filling stations. BBC of course did a great job of creating mass panic.

Quote Originally Posted by boingy View Post
    No problems according to a chat with a delivery driver. BP had a problem. True enough I've seen tankers at lots of filling stations. BBC of course did a great job of creating mass panic.
    I can assure you there is no fuel shortage it is 1 company that is having trouble with 1 of its contracts the statement was put out to cause issues for all the other delivery companies so they don't look so bad.

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)