+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: MillersMad Matchthread - The Millers v Crewe

MillersMad Matchthread - The Millers v Crewe

Good afternoon everyone! It's been a bloody boring week without a Tuesday night match to watch don't you think? Anyway it'll all be over in a few hours when the Mighty Millers run out onto the hallowed turf of the New York Stadium, the spelndid, excellent venue set up for what is normally a great encounter of two teams with a history of superb matches between one and other.
    That's how I remember Crewe matches against us. Usually full of entertaining football with the odd great goal thrown in. I'll be raising a glass for a bit of the same today. Sat on my sofa with a pint of stout and a toilet near by.
    I'm looking forrud to this and will be interested to see if there's a change in the starting 11.

Maybe Lindsay will replace Rathbone today to give him a bit of a rest in the squad rotation system that we have.
    A first start for Odoffin in place of Barlaser? although I can't wait to see those two together!
    Grigg must continue at the side of Smudge. Towards the end of the game last week you could see Grigg making the runs instinctively to where Smith was flicking on. I hope Smith can adapt his game and realise that he has someone at the side of him that can anticipate and help him out.
    Bola should keep his spot and hopefully Harding will be back in at right back.

When you look at the players that we have you can see the depth within the squad and it's the first time for a long, long time that the team doesn't pick itself! We have strength and numbers for every position on the park with each and everyone of the players more than capable for this league!

Onwards and upwards chaps and chappettes! Enjoy the match folks!

One we should win (like Fleetwood)

Good intro as usual frogster

Quote Originally Posted by Grist_To_The_Mill View Post
    One we should win (like Fleetwood)

Good intro as usual frogster
    Thank Grist. We should win and will mate!

Not fancying this match today at all. We will pummel them within an inch of their lives with 20 shots at goal in the first half but get caught with the proverbial sucker punch and go in at half time 1 down.
    We will equalise late on in the game and then go for the jugular only to be caught on the counter attack and lose 1-2 and I will get that feeling of deja vu🤔

I can only see a win for us on this one such is our 'train' building up a head of steam that our team is now starting to show.

Choo choo.....a 3 or 4 nil win.

Grigg to score?

Quote Originally Posted by pip_y View Post
    Grigg to score?
    Nailed on maybe a couple !

Johansson;
    Edmonds-Green,
    Wood (C),
    Mattock;
    Ogbene
    Wiles,
    Rathbone,
    Barlaser,
    Bola;
    Grigg,
    Smith.

SUBS | Vickers, Harding, Ihiekwe, Lindsay, Ferguson, Sadlier, Ladapo.

Quote Originally Posted by MILLERSTALE View Post
    Nailed on maybe a couple !
    So we're going to crucify him if he doesn't?

Morning Frog'n'all. The club are celebrating the 60th anniversary of the 1961 League Cup Final today. Sadly none of the six surviving players could make it but family members have come. Programme is a replica of the the 1961 one

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast