+ Visit Newcastle United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: NUFC vs Wolves

NUFC vs Wolves

Right then...what do we think? I've got a funny feeling we might sneak this. And that's not hubris-I don't think we've suddenly turned a corner or are a better team than Wolves, it's just that Wolves are a shadow of the team they were in their first season back, they've got key injuries and, if we manage to create chances like we did last week, surely we can't be as profligate again*?

(*disclaimer-this is Bruce's Newcastle so, obviously we can and probably won't create as many chances anyway, but, y'knaa...)

I think we need to play four at the back with Gayle up top and Joe Shinton left picking sweet wrappers off the floor of the coach.

Wotcha Zippy, they are beatable, especially after Nuno's departure...

Wolves can call upon full-back Rayan Ait-Nouri, who missed the win at Southampton with concussion.

Jonny, Pedro Neto and Yerson Mosquera are long-term absentees, with the latter not likely to return until 2022 after suffering a serious hamstring injury on his debut on 22 September.

Joe Willock, who has been nursing a toe problem, is available for Newcastle.

Callum Wilson, Jamaal Lascelles and Jonjo Shelvey should all be fit to return after the international break.

Wolves defender Mosquera out for up to five months
    LAWRO'S PREDICTION
    Wolves have won two out of their past three games and they are playing like a team whose confidence has come back.

Do Newcastle go to Molineux and set themselves up to be hard to beat, or do they think this is a chance to get a first win of the season and go for it a little bit more than that?

I suspect it will be the former, but I don't think it will work.

Prediction: 2-1
    Last edited by dagenhamJohn; 02-10-2021 at 12:19 PM.

Cheers, John. Aye, I suspect that we'll revert to type away from home and try not to lose.

In the draw with Leeds, Bruce was delighted with the result whilst Bielsa was disappointed. Tells you everything you need to know, really.

Unchanged from Watford oh the joy

Without Wilson in the line up, I cannot see us beating anyone at all... and... you just know, as soon as he is fit ASM will get crocked.

We wasted so many chances last week because we didnt have a striker out there Gayle and Fraser should start but we cant drop Joelinton of course and Ritchie scares me at Left back Lewis will never improve if Bungle never plays him. PS We know Murphy will be Bruce's first substitution as usual.

Ritchie's a shit left back (not his fault) who has cost us goals this season and we have a proper left back in the squad.

Only 2 English players in the starting 11 for Wolves, 4 in the whole squad!

Why do they persist in letting Richie take all the set pieces he is crap

that number 4 on the shirts gets right on my tits............starting to feel a snooze on the couch coming on with the game so far

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)