+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 10 of 14 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Match Thread vs. Altrincham. 25.09.21 [NL]

Quote Originally Posted by BanjoPie View Post
    Are we missing Mo Ross?
    Given that we lost nearly every game while he was here, and started winning nearly every game as soon as he left, I would say not...

Quote Originally Posted by Warnocks Legends View Post
    Worrying stats only 1 shot on target! That took 66 minutes, radio saying lots of players completely off their game recently , simply not good enough. Also saying apart from Wrexham not played anyone decent. These last 4 games should of got us 12 points , instead we get 7, simply not good enough for promotion form.
    Some difficult games coming our way as well.

Quote Originally Posted by countygump View Post
    Some difficult games coming our way as well.

Going to watch Chesterfield on BT now. From what I've seen so far it's theirs to lose this season.

Being honest, the warning signs were there last week even though we beat Maidenhead in the end, and we've had difficulties in other games too. It's the first defeat of the season so we shouldn't overreact or conclude everything is wrong, because it absolutely isn't, but IB should have enough information and evidence now after 8 games to recognise and acknowledge what is working and what isn't.

The 5-3-2 just isn't working well enough and we need to convert fully to the 4-3-3 or 4-2-3-1.

We also need to get the ball forward quicker to maximise our attacking threat and avoid losing the ball in dangerous areas. That doesn't mean hoofing it or abandoning IB's passing game, but it does mean the defenders and deep-lying midfielders playing more channel balls and/or looking to hit Wootton earlier, whether the ball goes along the deck or in the air. We can then build and play our creative football in the opponent's half rather than ours.

I'm afraid our players are not looking comfortable or courageous enough to play it out from the back consistently well, and if IB is the intelligent coach I genuinely think he is, I think he will be starting to realise that fact even without the likes of us complaining about 'tippy tappy' football.

Surrendering an unbeaten start in that matter doesn't bode well. Play like that against some of the sides coming up and we'll be writing off promotion before November.
    At least Fword didn't win.

Ah well. 5hit happens. Still in playoffs. On to the next.....

This has been on the cards for a number of weeks and without Roberts ( who granted isn't the player of 2 years ago but still better than most in this league ) I am concerned about next week's game.

Quote Originally Posted by the_anticlough View Post
    Given that we lost nearly every game while he was here, and started winning nearly every game as soon as he left, I would say not...

“Fair point” so what the F*CK is wrong then?

Quote Originally Posted by Mark_Ross View Post
    Ah well. 5hit happens. Still in playoffs. On to the next.....
    Ultimately, that's the only way we can look at it. Good, bad or indifferent, today's result in in the history books now. On we go......

Quote Originally Posted by jackal2 View Post
    Being honest, the warning signs were there last week even though we beat Maidenhead in the end, and we've had difficulties in other games too. It's the first defeat of the season so we shouldn't overreact or conclude everything is wrong, because it absolutely isn't, but IB should have enough information and evidence now after 8 games to recognise and acknowledge what is working and what isn't.

The 5-3-2 just isn't working well enough and we need to convert fully to the 4-3-3 or 4-2-3-1.
    The way our key players went down, one per day before the match must have spread a lot of uncertainty among the squad and the coaching staff. I think you have to give him a pass on going back to 5-3-2 today...but it didn't work.

What wasn't impacted was the front end of our team - they had to step up and do the business today and they didn't!
    And it wasn't just not R and R who didn't deliver. What did Woots do? Palmer still without a goal, Mitchell still without a goal, Nemane had the best part of a half

Page 10 of 14 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast