+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Cornet Crocked on his full PL debut.

For shame, for shame I may not be Catholic but I won’t hear a word against our Pope. What worries me is the injuries to Cornet, Vydra, Rodriguez and Roberts. We need a fully fit squad to choose from. We need Maxwel in our house. We need our first win.

Quite right Outwood.

We get a decent point at Leicester and then go on here to read the moans.Great goal from Cornet but he has to come off with a strain.He won't be out long so let's have a few positive thoughts.

Pope is a damn good goalkeeper but nobody is perfect,Roberts will be a great replacement for Lowton and Collins is a player with bags of potential.

Big game next week so for God's sake let's have some support.It's a supporters website not a detractor's site.

Quote Originally Posted by outwoodclaret View Post
    For shame, for shame I may not be Catholic but I won’t hear a word against our Pope. What worries me is the injuries to Cornet, Vydra, Rodriguez and Roberts. We need a fully fit squad to choose from. We need Maxwel in our house. We need our first win.
    I thought we played very well against Leicester and as for their second goal, I thought that Nick Pope made a judgement call to try and put Vardy off, if it had worked these same people would be saying what a great goalkeeper he is and he certainly is a great goalkeeper.

in hindsight the only change I would have liked to see is that when Vydra went off he was replaced by Erik Pieters rather than Ashley Barnes. especially when we trying to hold onto a slender lead.

We're not running a boys club or a pub team, the PL is one of the hardest leagues in world football, it's unforgiving and if you can't hack it at this level, you need to be shipped out and replaced by someone who can. I saw most of the games Tom Heaton played for us and in all that time I can only recall two goals he conceded that I thought he might have saved, and one of them, a long range shot at Huddersfield he might have been unsighted. Pope has just conceded two soft ones in one game, of course he has some credit in the bank, he'll get the chance to redeem himself, but he can't afford many more games like that if he wants to remain a PL goalkeeper, those were two shockers.

I think ,if all's well, fit players etc , we are on the upward spiral. I was surprised to see ,if memory last ,Lowton stopped three shots on goal. Praise were it is due!

In the Prediction League thread , Sammy Bubbly said ''If we can tame Jamie Vardy''
    He is fast, and was the danger man, don't stand 2-3 yards away from him ,close him down. We have to learn!!

Knowledge gained ,we are moving up the league table soon! Very Positive to see ,just a pity Cornet was injured ,what might have been???

Quote Originally Posted by sinkov View Post
    We're not running a boys club or a pub team, the PL is one of the hardest leagues in world football, it's unforgiving and if you can't hack it at this level, you need to be shipped out and replaced by someone who can. I saw most of the games Tom Heaton played for us and in all that time I can only recall two goals he conceded that I thought he might have saved, and one of them, a long range shot at Huddersfield he might have been unsighted. Pope has just conceded two soft ones in one game, of course he has some credit in the bank, he'll get the chance to redeem himself, but he can't afford many more games like that if he wants to remain a PL goalkeeper, those were two shockers.
    Surely if a goalkeeper is involved in a one on one situation, as he was for their second goal, we should first question what happened to our defence.

Who should have reached the ball first ?

Correct !

so why did Taylor decide to stop running for it and cut back behind Vardy....?

it meant Mee had to get across for the block...but had too far to run.

for the second - Tark was waiting for the pass to Vardy, that the choice he made, and when it did come....he failed to intercept it.

seen them before, usually have someone to clear it off the line, but too slow this time....Taylor again ?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j73Pr8PX71Y&t=59s

Video unavailable
    The uploader has not made this video available in your country

''Why not? Do they think we are together with the Taliban?''

Norder : I would first say our defence is pretty hopeless at times on covering/marking opposing attackers. This happened with our games with Brighton and Leeds.

For Vardy's first goal, both Taylor and Mee made mistakes. Covering/marking was not good enough. Vardy is the danger man with his speed, so SD must have said ''mark Jamie well, he is the one that most lightly will score ,mark him closely !

In the move you have shown, yes Taylor is closer to Vardy but still he was blocking a straight pass to Vardy. Lets say it was a pass from
    Tielemans. Behind Vardy's back was Ben Mee. Now why was Ben not closer to Vardy? As we have said Vardy was here the danger man, get closer and stick to him almost like glue ,but note he is fast so keep at least 1 yard away, on his back side, not level with him!

As the ball was travelling towards our goals Taylor half turned ,and ran towards Vardy I think his mistake ,he should have run towards the ball. Mee's covering was too far away, he could not then do anything to stop Vardy. But here I would place Mee at fault ! But Taylor also, but slightly less than Mee.

Another question we can ask, we? SD also. Why was Tarks also not covering the man cutting in closer? (Not sure who the attacker is but he is moving closer, goalward.) Knowing he was marked, would Mee have mover closer to Vardy??

https://youtu.be/IP8WqlVH8kI?t=35

But marking needs to be better !

In spite of these few defence problems we will start to climb the table.

Quote Originally Posted by Norder View Post

Who should have reached the ball first ?

Correct !

so why did Taylor decide to stop running for it and cut back behind Vardy....?

it meant Mee had to get across for the block...but had too far to run.

for the second - Tark was waiting for the pass to Vardy, that the choice he made, and when it did come....he failed to intercept it.

seen them before, usually have someone to clear it off the line, but too slow this time....Taylor again ?

Taylor gets the shout from Mee as he’s coming onto the ball instead of chasing , the next one is bad decision making form Tarky ( he knew it was coming but didn’t stop it ).
    Pope s positioning was poor for this goal , however for the doubters on here , you don’t have to go too far back to appreciate Popes worth he’s kept us in many matches when we looked down and out.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)