+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Crouchie

Crouchie

They live on a different planet these people don't they, he's writing in the Mail this morning, giving advice to Mo Salah. "The best thing he can do is sign a five year deal, secure himself for life and become a club legend.''

In what alternate universe is Mo Salah not already secure for life, on his money he has been for years, just how much money does Crouchie think is needed to become secure for life ?

Dickhead.

Most of them are Dickheads Sinkov, Too much money and too much time on their hands, they know nothing of REAL life and hardship, OK some of them may have lived it growing up but it seems for most all that is forgotten when the huge amounts of money start coming in.

They may think they can converse in Football, and even then they talk crap, listen to Liniker, Shearer and the rest and that should give us a clue.

Its a well known fact that Michael Owen can talk Football underwater, but any other subject is too complicated for him.

Quote Originally Posted by Altobelli View Post
    Most of them are Dickheads Sinkov, Too much money and too much time on their hands, they know nothing of REAL life and hardship, OK some of them may have lived it growing up but it seems for most all that is forgotten when the huge amounts of money start coming in.

They may think they can converse in Football, and even then they talk crap, listen to Liniker, Shearer and the rest and that should give us a clue.

Its a well known fact that Michael Owen can talk Football underwater, but any other subject is too complicated for him.

I'm not even sure about that Alto he swears blind he saw the current Leeds keeper playing for their under-16's and "thought he had a chance of making it."

Turns out Leeds signed him from a League 1 French club when he was 19. Stick to the nags Michael, you are crap with footy.

Quote Originally Posted by sinkov View Post
    They live on a different planet these people don't they, he's writing in the Mail this morning, giving advice to Mo Salah. "The best thing he can do is sign a five year deal, secure himself for life and become a club legend.''

In what alternate universe is Mo Salah not already secure for life, on his money he has been for years, just how much money does Crouchie think is needed to become secure for life ?

Dickhead.
    Crouch's brains are in his dick sinkov. Who really cares what he thinks?

Quote Originally Posted by The Bedlington Terrier View Post
    Crouch's brains are in his dick sinkov. Who really cares what he thinks?
    thats the idea - BT......as long as he can spout egomaniacal shlit - he dont care, so why should we.

He's not that daft Mr Crouch, I doubt he writes any of that tripe anyway, it'll be some work experience snowflake in a back office, Crouchie allows them to put his name to it, and gets well paid for the priviledge.

I suspect Crouch gave that advice based on bitter personal experience.
    He was almost nomadic playing for what? A dozen different clubs plus loan spells elsewhere?
    Never stayed long enough anywhere to become a true "club legend" and perhaps that's a personal regret that haunts him and doesn't want Salah to go down the same path.

Quote Originally Posted by wanderlust View Post
    I suspect Crouch gave that advice based on bitter personal experience.
    He was almost nomadic playing for what? A dozen different clubs plus loan spells elsewhere?
    Never stayed long enough anywhere to become a true "club legend" and perhaps that's a personal regret that haunts him and doesn't want Salah to go down the same path.
    the eight PL years he spent at Stoke - Wander ?

Fair point but does a goal every 5 games or so make a club leg end? I don't believe it does.
    A proper leg end would be Lofthouse: 1 club, 455 appearances, 255 goals - plus 30 goals in 33 appearances for England.
    Or Burnley's goal machine George Beel.
    But Crouchie? Here's a link to Stoke City's top 10 club legends and I can't see him in there
    https://www.1sports1.com/greatest-st...-players-ever/

Quote Originally Posted by wanderlust View Post
    Fair point but does a goal every 5 games or so make a club leg end? I don't believe it does.
    A proper leg end would be Lofthouse: 1 club, 455 appearances, 255 goals - plus 30 goals in 33 appearances for England.
    Or Burnley's goal machine George Beel.
    But Crouchie? Here's a link to Stoke City's top 10 club legends and I can't see him in there
    https://www.1sports1.com/greatest-st...-players-ever/
    take your point....So with 8 years, and with the profile he's gained...why not the "legend".
    It seems he twisted when things went pear shaped, relegation or replacements consigned him to the bench....so I'd say he's just...cunning, had good PR behind him etc....certainly nothing for him to regret, did very well considering.... .

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)