+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 22 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Squad problems

There's a reason why our players ply their trade currently in the National league and not higher up the football pyramid, it's because players like Roberts and Rodrigues won't always be able to produce 8/9 out of 10 performances and moments of magic week in and week out, no disrespect intended - Therefore it's not realistic or fair for us as supporters to expect them to be able to carry the team through every game we play.

The problem we have is that currently we're struggling to gel together as a team capable of putting in consistently good performances and clearly lacking players capable of putting in a solid, steady and reliable 6/7 out of 10 every week I.E Bishop, Yates, Edwards etc type mould, especially missing someone capable of giving us the edge in the midfield battle. The defensive injurys are of course unfortunatly timed and can't be helped.

Agree regarding the concern about the quality of wing backs we have at our disposal in the system IB is currently favouring and the lack of service to Wootton which clearly needs to be addressed.

Squaddddddddd, shunnnnnnnn. The only way to get out, (of this League) is to get some in.

Quote Originally Posted by KCNotts View Post
    1. DKE. The most overrated player we have had for years. He's just not very good and is not a wing back for love or money.
    2. We don't have a decent wing back at the club. This is problematic when we play with two of them.
    3. Taylor is not as good as Miller was. I can totally see why Chesterfield wanted rid.
    4. Francis may well have potential. But he isn't a natural defensive midfielder and we don't have time to wait for him to turn into one. He's not ready. We needed better (and have done for years.)
    5. We have no physical presence in midfield. How many seasons have we been saying it now?
    6. JOB has conned you all into thinking he is a valuable part of this squad. He does nothing but shout at his team mates. We should have got rid but we inexplicably gave him a two year deal. Mental.
    7. Roberts and Rodders are ridiculously over hyped. Rodders has done nothing since Barnet and Roberts is just a decent Conference player. The Geordie Messi stuff is embarrassing.
    8. Wootton is a good player but never gets any service because our team rarely crosses the ball to him. That being said, we needed a poacher in the Summer and didn't sign one.
    9. Sam is a waste of a squad place. He's useless.
    10. Vincent needs a chance. He has to be better than JOB.
    To sum it up then, our non-league players are, in your opinion, playing like err…non-league players?

Quote Originally Posted by Warnocks Legends View Post
    Agree with this. Lots of players off their games, several never been on it. Burchnall talks a lovely game but currently plays same cronies no matter there performances just like Ardley. Tsanho you have rose tinted specs on, we haven't played well for weeks!!
    I don’t have any rose tinted spectacles on, I’ve been balanced in my criticism and praise for this team so far. This defeat has been coming for weeks, I think we’ve all seen it. I don’t have many bones to pick with what KC has said to be honest. The only person he didn’t pick out was IB, who’s job it is to put the team together.

Burchball has looked worryingly like Ardleyball so far this year. It’s obvious where the problems in the squad and style of play are but the manager has had a full summer and pre-season to recruit and implement his instructions so the book stops with him really.

Quote Originally Posted by KCNotts View Post
    1. DKE. The most overrated player we have had for years. He's just not very good and is not a wing back for love or money.
    2. We don't have a decent wing back at the club. This is problematic when we play with two of them.
    3. Taylor is not as good as Miller was. I can totally see why Chesterfield wanted rid.
    4. Francis may well have potential. But he isn't a natural defensive midfielder and we don't have time to wait for him to turn into one. He's not ready. We needed better (and have done for years.)
    5. We have no physical presence in midfield. How many seasons have we been saying it now?
    6. JOB has conned you all into thinking he is a valuable part of this squad. He does nothing but shout at his team mates. We should have got rid but we inexplicably gave him a two year deal. Mental.
    7. Roberts and Rodders are ridiculously over hyped. Rodders has done nothing since Barnet and Roberts is just a decent Conference player. The Geordie Messi stuff is embarrassing.
    8. Wootton is a good player but never gets any service because our team rarely crosses the ball to him. That being said, we needed a poacher in the Summer and didn't sign one.
    9. Sam is a waste of a squad place. He's useless.
    10. Vincent needs a chance. He has to be better than JOB.
    You couldn't wait. We know you don't like DKE but do you really do not need to post it after every game? Why not just start a thread called 'DKE - what do you think?' then you can post 'Get rid ' then every week you just need to post 'Ditto'.

The squad isn't the problem. We need to play as a team all the time, not just in flashes. I genuinely think we aren't far off although I do agree that we haven't got a ball-winner in the middle.

Quote Originally Posted by TSANHO View Post
    Burchball has looked worryingly like Ardleyball so far this year.
    That won't be a popular comment with some on here, but I think it's a valid point. Burchnall is an upgrade on Ardley, but in my opinion he's still too obsessed with playing 'attractive' football rather than 'effective' football. I sincerely hope I'm wrong, but I just can't see this style of play getting us out of the National League.

This isn't a knee-jerk reaction to a disappointing defeat, it's something I've been saying for ages.

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    That won't be a popular comment with some on here, but I think it's a valid point. Burchnall is an upgrade on Ardley, but in my opinion he's still too obsessed with playing 'attractive' football rather than 'effective' football. I sincerely hope I'm wrong, but I just can't see this style of play getting us out of the National League.

This isn't a knee-jerk reaction to a disappointing defeat, it's something I've been saying for ages.
    I am starting to agree, I don't want us to be the 'nearly' team again.

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post

The last few games remind me of the period just before we got rid of Ardley, digging out results but playing unconvincingly and hanging on to 5th. We have been very lucky in the past few games in getting the results IMO, but playing badly and getting results is promotion form. The lack of getting a quality striker in someone like Danny Wright to play alongside Wooton has been a major error. I’m not sure Francis is the answer too in midfield.

Quote Originally Posted by magpie_mania View Post
    You couldn't wait. We know you don't like DKE but do you really do not need to post it after every game? Why not just start a thread called 'DKE - what do you think?' then you can post 'Get rid ' then every week you just need to post 'Ditto'.

The squad isn't the problem. We need to play as a team all the time, not just in flashes. I genuinely think we aren't far off although I do agree that we haven't got a ball-winner in the middle.
    I'm sorry for dropping my truth bombs so close to the vicinity of the game. I'm a monster. I shall try to refrain from posting things that may generate discussion on message board in future.

Quote Originally Posted by LaxtonLad View Post
    To sum it up then, our non-league players are, in your opinion, playing like err…non-league players?
    Well quite.

I see Lewis Alessandra scored today for Carlisle. He's a player we let go because he wasn't good enough at the time. He joined Morecambe after leaving us. He would walk into our side now I reckon.

Page 2 of 22 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast