Quote Originally Posted by Warnocks Legends View Post
I will go back to the start of this thread and discuss the squad. We let Ellis, a tough, no nonsense centre back and free scoring to boot go! We let Miller, a tricky, fast paced , hungry winger go! Our first signing is Vincent - an injured midfielder who obviously is not rated by Burchnall. We miss out on several first choice targets, we don't sign a decent striker and worse miss out to near rivals Chesterfield. We sign more unheard of, cast off young midfielders. We do make 2 decent signings one in midfield, one in defence. That's about it. No muscle or hustle in midfield, not enough back up at the back, no cutting edge up front. We are out bought, out thought and out gunned by most of our nearest rivals. Yet we have probably the largest and certainly most loyal fan base. This has to be better this season or we will forever be mired in this awful division. However , with the current squad, lack of depth and strength in the team, I have real concerns it won't end any better than last 2 campaigns. Please , please Mr Burchnall, Doyle et Al prove me wrong.
We didn't let Ellis or Miller go though. They were on loan and chose not to stay (did we offer a contract?). I

I would like them to have stayed, but not at any cost.