+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 22 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Squad problems

Squad problems

1. DKE. The most overrated player we have had for years. He's just not very good and is not a wing back for love or money.
    2. We don't have a decent wing back at the club. This is problematic when we play with two of them.
    3. Taylor is not as good as Miller was. I can totally see why Chesterfield wanted rid.
    4. Francis may well have potential. But he isn't a natural defensive midfielder and we don't have time to wait for him to turn into one. He's not ready. We needed better (and have done for years.)
    5. We have no physical presence in midfield. How many seasons have we been saying it now?
    6. JOB has conned you all into thinking he is a valuable part of this squad. He does nothing but shout at his team mates. We should have got rid but we inexplicably gave him a two year deal. Mental.
    7. Roberts and Rodders are ridiculously over hyped. Rodders has done nothing since Barnet and Roberts is just a decent Conference player. The Geordie Messi stuff is embarrassing.
    8. Wootton is a good player but never gets any service because our team rarely crosses the ball to him. That being said, we needed a poacher in the Summer and didn't sign one.
    9. Sam is a waste of a squad place. He's useless.
    10. Vincent needs a chance. He has to be better than JOB.

Quote Originally Posted by KCNotts View Post
    1. DKE. The most overrated player we have had for years. He's just not very good and is not a wing back for love or money.
    2. We don't have a decent wing back at the club. This is problematic when we play with two of them.
    3. Taylor is not as good as Miller was. I can totally see why Chesterfield wanted rid.
    4. Francis may well have potential. But he isn't a natural defensive midfielder and we don't have time to wait for him to turn into one. He's not ready. We needed better (and have done for years.)
    5. We have no physical presence in midfield. How many seasons have we been saying it now?
    6. JOB has conned you all into thinking he is a valuable part of this squad. He does nothing but shout at his team mates. We should have got rid but we inexplicably gave him a two year deal. Mental.
    7. Roberts and Rodders are ridiculously over hyped. Rodders has done nothing since Barnet and Roberts is just a decent Conference player. The Geordie Messi stuff is embarrassing.
    8. Wootton is a good player but never gets any service because our team rarely crosses the ball to him. That being said, we needed a poacher in the Summer and didn't sign one.
    How long have you had this post typed out ready to send?

Quote Originally Posted by TSANHO View Post
    How long have you had this post typed out ready to send?
    Erm about 10 mins ago? Thanks for your input

Don't agree with every point, but I think there's no arguing with at least 6 or 7 to them. Good stuff!

Erm about 10 mins ago? Thanks for your input
    You’ve waited for the first loss of the season 😴😴

Quote Originally Posted by TSANHO View Post
    You’ve waited for the first loss of the season 😴😴
    Seems an appropriate time? No? In fact i posted it whilst the games was still going on.

The reality is, i could have posted it about 5 games ago. We've not been playing well.

Quote Originally Posted by the_anticlough View Post
    Don't agree with every point, but I think there's no arguing with at least 6 or 7 to them. Good stuff!
    Agree with this. Lots of players off their games, several never been on it. Burchnall talks a lovely game but currently plays same cronies no matter there performances just like Ardley. Tsanho you have rose tinted specs on, we haven't played well for weeks!!

We need at least 4 players- A recognised striker at this level, a battling midfielder, a true wingback ( if we insist on this formation ) and another centre back minimum.

As IB said in his first game when asked about what he knew about this league, ‘it’s the same as any league 11 against 11’ 🙄

It’s like playing with 2 Enzios when Roberts and Rodrgues play together , 1 good game every 5, we can only afford to play 1 at a time, or if we are chasing a game both. IMO the signings have been very poor, I can’t believe any of them were first choice.

I think the obvious squad problem at the moment is the crippling list of injuries to our best centre-halves. Beyond that, I think there's plenty of ability in this squad and we can more than complete with any other team in this league. The problem is that the current system of play, with an excessive emphasis on building from back, isn't getting the best out of the players and it is reducing the effectiveness of our best attacking players in particular. We don't need to throw the baby out with the bath water by any means, but at this level we need to be a bit more pragmatic and willing to move the ball forward quicker.

Page 1 of 22 12311 ... LastLast