+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 15 of 22 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 ... LastLast

Thread: Squad problems

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    What it says on the tin, from the start. The start was missing out on penalties to Hornchurch for a day out at Wembley, but that was only one game so forms a miniscule part. The rest is based on what I've seen with my own eyes, along with the thoughts (both positive and negative) of posters on here who did see the games I didn't.

It certainly is evolving and my views won't be preconceived either way, they will be based entirely on what I see as they always are.

The opposite is to chuck all your chips in based on flimsy evidence, and that's not really my style. Honestly, I would love you to throw that back in my face when we are promoted at the end of the season, but I've not seen anything yet to suggest that is likely.
    Ok so it's clear you don't know or understand what a bandwagon is

Good to hear your views have evolved and changed from the start like everyone else's as they should.

As I've said to you before and many times on here, stating Notts (or any team outside the Premiership) aren't going to get promoted this season and if they do then you can say 'I told you so' is one of the safest and easiest prediciton/bet going around in football,. especially in Non League with only 2 promotion spots.

Safe to say it's odds on in all cases in the National League, but I strongly suspect you know that and if you don't you should

Quote Originally Posted by laddo View Post
    Ok so it's clear you don't know or understand what a bandwagon is
    I go by the dictionary definition of "used in reference to an activity, cause, etc. that is currently fashionable or popular and attracting increasing support". If I've got it wrong, please enlighten me.

Quote Originally Posted by laddo View Post
    As I've said to you before and many times on here, stating Notts (or any team outside the Premiership) aren't going to get promoted this season and if they do then you can say 'I told you so' is one of the safest and easiest prediciton/bet going around in football,. especially in Non League with only 2 promotion spots.

Safe to say it's odds on in all cases in the National League, but I strongly suspect you know that.
    Yes I do know that. If you want to patronise anyone on their understanding of betting odds, I suggest you look elsewhere. We are currently around the 3/1 mark (a 25% chance) to be promoted and on the basis of what I've seen, I don't see that as value.

I don't do "chips all in", "bandwagons", or "still feeling brave". I leave that to the drama queens and just say what I see.

Quote Originally Posted by KCNotts View Post
    I would agree that our recruitment has been disappointing. Palmer appears to be a direct replacement for Reeves and possibly a little better. Cameron is a decent player but is Cal's mate. I'm not sure where Nemane or Vincent fit in or how they get match fit without playing games. Ward looks a very average signing and Marshall was not the striker we needed.

I was hoping for more imaginative signings under the Radar...maybe from Scotland, Wales or Ireland. But it seems we only sign players from Torquay, Harrogate or Chesterfield
    I think you lost all credibility with your line "Palmer appears to be a direct replacement for Reeves and possibly a little better"..!
    Palmer is class , Reeves wasn't and isn't fit to tie his shoe laces.

Some good points and some not so good, but possibly a bit disappointing coming from the self-appointed driver of the Burchnall 'chips all in' bandwagon. No hashtags or choo-choos has to be a worrying sign.
    I think the fuel shortage has effected the choo choo wagon , does it have any fuel in it , is it on limp mode to see it home safely ? is the driver following fuel saving tips , for these answers and more tune into next weeks episode !!

Quote Originally Posted by matt_magpie View Post
    Don’t doubt you Elite as you’re a proper Notts fan. We’re just in a dire situation, one auto spot, 3 or 4 teams heavily investing, I honestly don’t think it’s about our style but as we’ve seen with Barrow and Sutton, it’s about everything coming in place, a bit of luck and mainly character. What I would love to see is if we are in 5 points come Jan to the top, then the owners sensibly invest with a couple of experienced Matty Palmer like signings to get us there to the end.
    We will invest in players that can be sold. That doesn't mean we are likely to get out of this league.. As i see it we will be in this league for many years to come..

Quote Originally Posted by durhampie View Post
    We will invest in players that can be sold. That doesn't mean we are likely to get out of this league.. As i see it we will be in this league for many years to come..
    If that's the case than so be it. We become more financially stable , and when we do get promotion and it is WHEN , then we are in a better position to move forward and upwards. The Doom mongers predicted we would have lower crowds when we were relegated. However this has since been proven wrong and as long as we remain competitive it seems we still have a great fan base and it's gradually growing. Seasons competing for promotion will only enhance this. Sh17 and bust is suicidal as we know to our own cost , why would we want to return on such a suicide mission.

As an old fart, I bleddy hope not. Would love to see a promotion before I pop my clogs but can't see it based on the current crap tactics.

I go by the dictionary definition of "used in reference to an activity, cause, etc. that is currently fashionable or popular and attracting increasing support". If I've got it wrong, please enlighten me.

Yes I do know that. If you want to patronise anyone on their understanding of betting odds, I suggest you look elsewhere. We are currently around the 3/1 mark (a 25% chance) to be promoted and on the basis of what I've seen, I don't see that as value.

I don't do "chips all in", "bandwagons", or "still feeling brave". I leave that to the drama queens and just say what I see.
    I thought bandwagon was a flavour of the month or a comedy show.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Band_Waggon

The way things are I think we're here to stay like Wrexham. Smaller clubs seem to be doing the business.

Quote Originally Posted by PedroTheFisherman66 View Post
    I think you lost all credibility with your line "Palmer appears to be a direct replacement for Reeves and possibly a little better"..!
    Palmer is class , Reeves wasn't and isn't fit to tie his shoe laces.
    I shall hold out on my platitudes for Palmer until I've seen some more assists and goals from him. I agree he is busier than Reeves was and doesn't lose the ball half as much.

Page 15 of 22 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 ... LastLast