+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Sliding Doors moment?

Sliding Doors moment?

Looking at the current ownership of Notts and Wrexham respectively, I wonder whether the Brothers Reedtz ever regret deciding to buy Notts rather than Wrexham? Perhaps if they had bought the Welsh club the Hollywood owners might have bought Notts.

I really hope the Reedtz chapter in Notts history turns out to be one of success but it is always interesting to wonder how differently things might have turned out. For what it's worth, I'm very happy to have our current owners.

I think they'll be happy they own Notts, it's a great club with a good fanbase and the potential to grow. Also we are known as the oldest professional club and this does carry some weight, not anything useful but people at home often say Notts County when I see it asked in quizzes for example and abroad people know us. Also we have the Juventus connection which I think has been criminally under exploited over the years. The only issue is getting out this league, once we do I believe we'll go up again to league one but I feel they, like us are frustrated at the moment.

Quote Originally Posted by crazyfists View Post
    I think they'll be happy they own Notts, it's a great club with a good fanbase and the potential to grow. Also we are known as the oldest professional club and this does carry some weight, not anything useful but people at home often say Notts County when I see it asked in quizzes for example and abroad people know us. Also we have the Juventus connection which I think has been criminally under exploited over the years. The only issue is getting out this league, once we do I believe we'll go up again to league one but I feel they, like us are frustrated at the moment.
    Yes I think you're right, plus the potential catchment in the East Midlands is huge and the trains to London are easier! It seems to have been a very quick change of mind though, with just four days between the registration of the company they used to buy Notts and the change of the company name from Wrexham Limited. I'm confident they feel they made the right choice though.
    Last edited by SwalePie; 28-09-2021 at 01:56 PM.

I'm glad we have owners with a football background in some way and know how to make a football club sustainable. Rather than the circus that surrounds Wrexham.

I didn't know they were going to buy Wrexham so maybe you're right although think we're still overall the better club if both went up to go further. I think whoever they bought then they might think we should have bought a league 2 club ha ha, this division is a killer. I know it's only 2 up but it seems also to not really follow any kind of pattern, it's really dog eat dog. You think you'll be out of here quickly but you get dragged into the tedium.

Quote Originally Posted by OP67 View Post
    I'm glad we have owners with a football background in some way and know how to make a football club sustainable. Rather than the circus that surrounds Wrexham.
    Me too!

I didn't know they were going to buy Wrexham so maybe you're right although think we're still overall the better club if both went up to go further. I think whoever they bought then they might think we should have bought a league 2 club ha ha, this division is a killer. I know it's only 2 up but it seems also to not really follow any kind of pattern, it's really dog eat dog. You think you'll be out of here quickly but you get dragged into the tedium.
    To be fair, I don't know that they were either, I've made the assumption based on their previous choice of their company name, which is now simply 'Reedtz Limited', but it would seem a good bet.

I think you're right mate, sounds right and Wrexham also have a good history with potential to grow. I think they might have thought buying Notts was a no brainer and we'd be straight back up but alas no.

I think you're right mate, sounds right and Wrexham also have a good history with potential to grow. I think they might have thought buying Notts was a no brainer and we'd be straight back up but alas no.
    Don’t think they did think we’d go straight back up. I’m pretty sure they knew it was one up and a tough league to get out of. The only thing they might regret with buying us is with brexit quashing their whole model around buying undervalued overseas players.

Quote Originally Posted by SwalePie View Post
    Looking at the current ownership of Notts and Wrexham respectively, I wonder whether the Brothers Reedtz ever regret deciding to buy Notts rather than Wrexham? Perhaps if they had bought the Welsh club the Hollywood owners might have bought Notts.

I really hope the Reedtz chapter in Notts history turns out to be one of success but it is always interesting to wonder how differently things might have turned out. For what it's worth, I'm very happy to have our current owners.
    Wouldn't necessarily have been Hollywood but Gerard Pique put in an offer for Notts. Player Chairman anyone?

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast