+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Crewe Alexander Post Match Thoughts

Quote Originally Posted by Masbroughstreet View Post
    Agree with all of that. The longer the game went on though I knew they’d score. I bet it was less than 30 seconds after Ladapo put that one over the bat.

Was it a clear penalty? I’m sat at the other end and didn’t see what happened?
    Definite pen, got a run on Wes and he pulled him down by his shirt in a very obvious way. Good chance he would of got on the end of the cross.

I

Quote Originally Posted by DonPageFanClub View Post
    I don't know what games some of you watch .. Rotherham were excellent today the midfield was unplayable at times.. frustrating yes that we don't take our chances . But the way we create chances with ease at times is fantastic.. the speed we move the ball in tight areas of the pitch.. Crewe were made to look like a pub side at times .. it will come good as the team is very talented for this level of football ..judge a side after 10 games . We're 5th after 9 ..
    See pigs result
    See Fleetwood result
    See today’s result

A theme ...no point being good and losing and drawing

Happy with the team selection, tactics. Quality all over the pitch.

We just don't convert our chances. Nothing to do with Warne - my dead grandmother would have buried that chance of Freddie's just before they scored.

Let's start with the positives:

We didn't lose.
    Nice to see a back four and two up front for a change.
    We climbed a place in the table.
    Rathbone was deservedly given the MOTM for his sheer hard work and graft and not through nepotism.
    Barlaser and Rathbaone were great today in midfield.
    Bola didn't look out of place and played some great pinpoint long range passes.

So on to the negatives:

We dropped 2 easy points.
    Why did Warne change the back line at half time? Okay Mattock took another knock so simply move Bola to the left back position and play Harding at right back. It's not rocket science. Harding at left back cost us badly and it clearly showed. What was he thinking dragging their player down?
    Crewe were the worse team I've seen so far this season and we didn't bury them.
    Why replace Grigg when he was clearly showing confidence, shooting when he had the chance to and partnered up well with Smith? Please don't tell me he's saving him for Tuesday night. Also he showed he had the fitness to last a full game and to swap him for a player who can't be bothered to seriously get into the game and give his all,left a lot to be answered. When Ladapo didn't chase that ball down in the last 10 minutes said it all for me, so for me sell him or loan him out in January and get someone in who seriously wants to play for us.

Biggest gripe tonight is why didn't Warne replace Ben Wiles? The lad took a bad knock and from 65 mins onwards it was clearly evident he was carrying an injury. That is where we fell apart and invited Crewe into the game and clean through the middle. I don't just blame Warne as surely Barker and Hamshaw saw Wiles was indeed injured. It needed Lindsay on for Wiles and we would have still been productive through the middle. Maybe the questionable double sub at half time panicked Warne into thinking he couldn't make a third sub with nearly 30 mins left in the game? Even others sat around me were voicing their opinion on Wiles carrying an injury similar so I wasn't alone in thinking like I did.

The Ref: Some very poor game stopping blow ups for unnecessary free kicks. The Crewe players clearly played the dark arts of conning the Ref which he bought time and again. Strange to book their keeper for time wasting in the first half? It's becoming a regular thing this and a strange one at that.

Two points dropped which may play a crucial part come the end of the season. Still a long way to go but today Warne got the subs and his tactics wrong for the second half. Brilliant at Bolton put poor today, that is why Warne can be so frustrating at times but he's our Manager so we continue to give him our support.

Back four? Looked like a three to me

Quote Originally Posted by Brin View Post
    Why did Warne change the back line at half time? Okay Mattock took another knock so simply move Bola to the left back position and play Harding at right back. It's not rocket science.
    Perhaps Mattock and Bola were both injured?

Quote Originally Posted by DonPageFanClub View Post
    I don't know what games some of you watch .. Rotherham were excellent today the midfield was unplayable at times.. frustrating yes that we don't take our chances . But the way we create chances with ease at times is fantastic.. the speed we move the ball in tight areas of the pitch.. Crewe were made to look like a pub side at times .. it will come good as the team is very talented for this level of football ..judge a side after 10 games . We're 5th after 9 ..
    Totally agree! Midfield were v good today particularly Barlaser

Quote Originally Posted by MillersTime View Post
    Not sure about Bola but Mattock did go down

Wiles could miss Tuesday

Can’t believe we didn’t get three points, totally disappointed

Barlaser motm for me

Still we move to fifth
    Last edited by millertop; 25-09-2021 at 05:42 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by MillersTime View Post
    Yes, that’s probably why.

No obvious other reason why you would take off a left footed defender and bring on a right footed one.

Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast