+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 210111213 LastLast

Thread: Crewe Alexander Post Match Thoughts

All the posts in this thread telling warne where he went wrong would have been irrelevant if they didn't get the late goal.

Quote Originally Posted by caytonmiller View Post
    All the posts in this thread telling warne where he went wrong would have been irrelevant if they didn't get the late goal.
    I’m not so sure that would be true

As a match it was pretty crap

Its very rare I agree with GRU but I'm not feeling the love others are with Bola.

Its very rare I agree with GRU but I'm not feeling the love others are with Bola.
    I think it’s too early to tell, he didn’t exactly stand out but he didn’t really do anything wrong either.

I believe the reason PW may have subbed him was because he tried to get past their RH midfielder about half a dozen times in the first half and didn't manage it apart from maybe once.
    Ferguson did it with ease in the second half. Unless Fergo is injured I would imagine he will start on Tuesday
    As others have said Bola didn't do much wrong, just not effective on the attack

Love is too stronger word. As is saying 'he hasn't got it'. He is doing perfectly fine this early on, like has been said above, has done nothing wrong. Isn't a superstar player but started well and has attributes that could help him develop into a nice player.

When you look at our back 3. we either play mattock on the left of back 3 or Harding. Mattock gets the nod simply because he's left footed. He gets injured then Harding has to fill in. Left wing back we have Bola, and Ferguson. Bola started,. Wasn't effective going forwards so we sub for fergy. Strikers we have 4. Smith n grigg are the most likely looking 2 ATM. Warne brings in ladapo for the last 15 minutes and if that 4 yarder ripples the net then his lack of effort gets brushed under the carpet. I though all warned subs yesterday were like for like so can't fault him for that. He started with the same 11 as Vs Bolton so again can't fault warne.... Some say, well why not put Bola in the back 3 when Mattocks injured? From all our defenders (CB, RB and L Bola is the last one I would put in a back 3.

Quote Originally Posted by MillersTime View Post
    Love is too stronger word. As is saying 'he hasn't got it'. He is doing perfectly fine this early on, like has been said above, has done nothing wrong. Isn't a superstar player but started well and has attributes that could help him develop into a nice player.
    You have to agree on a attacking front, he was the least effective of our players yesterday.
    MT. From our 3 left wingbacks. Miller, Bola or Ferguson. Who would you play as wb.

Quote Originally Posted by Grist_To_The_Mill View Post
    I’m not so sure that would be true

As a match it was pretty crap
    Not for me m8. I had artell mother sat behind me all game. Thought it was quite entertaining. Ow btw David is going to get a bowlaking from his mum for doing loads of moaning to the 4th official 😄

You have to agree on a attacking front, he was the least effective of our players yesterday.
    MT. From our 3 left wingbacks. Miller, Bola or Ferguson. Who would you play as wb.
    Ferguson every time, no doubt. I don't like Miller as a wing back at all. But, to say I prefer Ferguson doesn't mean Bola is s**t. I just prefer Ferguson and think he is better suited for that role. Ideally I'd like Bola as a LB in a 4 (so someone such as Miller can be the attacking threat in front of him) or I can see positives to him as the LCB in a 3 (less pressure on him needing to be an attacking threat again).

However, he has done a perfectly adequate job as a LWB. If we are to go into why we didn't win yesterday then in no way was Bola at fault. Nothing in the games he has played has given me particular concern, which is pleasing as a defender. Okay he isn't brilliant going forward (not that he is terrible, just not as good as Ferguson) but I like him being a solid defender.

Not saying he is the best player since sliced bread at all but I don't think he warrants any particular criticism. Our chance conversion is our achilles heal IMO.

Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 210111213 LastLast