+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Crewe Alexander Post Match Thoughts

Last 3 games, 1 win and 2 draws with plenty of shots. 5 points that should have been 9. Does anyone else think that we must be due soon to give someone a right tonking?

Quote Originally Posted by mellowmiller View Post
    I can't believe some of the comments on here!
    The midfield was excellent today and we should have been out of sight by half time.
    Of course the usual moaners blame the manager for, in their opinion, making the wrong substitutions so perhaps they know for sure that Mattock and Bola weren't injured. I doubt if they do though.
    At the start of the season some also said, and I quote "Ladapo will score for fun in this league." Really? His workrate and technique are questionable to say the least. Air shots and blasting over the bar are his speciality and he probably went to the same finishing school as Kyle Vassell.
    I'd rather see Kayode on the bench than him, he may have a bit to learn but his application is much better than Ladapo's.
    I can’t really see where folks are blaming the manager.

The subs were probably forced on him, why change when we were dominating?

Ladapo BTW looks like he couldn’t be arsed to try

Quote Originally Posted by Grist_To_The_Mill View Post
    I can’t really see where folks are blaming the manager.

The subs were probably forced on him, why change when we were dominating?

Ladapo BTW looks like he couldn’t be arsed to try
    I don't understand why some people rate Ladapo so highly. Perhaps it's just me but I never expect him to score when a chance comes his way and it's always a pleasant surprise if he does actually manage to find the net. Even he looks surprised on the rare occasions that happens 🙂

We've got to agree Crewe were lightweight with a keeper even shorter than ours were there for the taking. Whose to blame why we didn't? Unconfirmed Angus McDonald saying he's going back in training how we need him.

Quote Originally Posted by rolymiller View Post
    Didn't deserve to win so maybe a point was reasonable. Can't believe we have even gone up a place in the league. The other bit o good news if you can call it that is that Harding had 2 yellows rather than a straight red so only out one game,beyond that, we have a theme at home developing where we cant put teams to bed even crap ones.

We always need more than one goal if not more and what do we do for the last quarter of an hour but sit back and let em come at us.

We must be one of the most frustrating teams to watch. Great one week and shyte the next.

The equaliser was coming and if we had played another 5 mins we would prob have lost that one.

Dunno what the answer is. I wish I knew.
    roly we were the much better team . Has for their goal was coming?they didn’t look like scoring. Our problem is we are not clinical enough in front of the net .

Frustrating.
    Twenty shots and just one goal that was gifted to us by an error.
    It's like our Achilles heal and has been for 3/4 years.
    We're not playing to Grigg,s strengths as his limited amount of chances were not easy ones. He's obviously got ability if we set him up properly

As others have said, PW can't put the ball in the net for them. Not his fault today.
    Last edited by flourbasher; 25-09-2021 at 06:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by flourbasher View Post
    Frustrating.
    Twenty shots and just one goal that was gifted to us by an error.
    It's like our Achilles heal and has been for 3/4 years.
    We're not playing to Grigg,s strengths as his limited amount of chances were not easy ones. He's obviously got ability if we set him up properly

As others have said, PW can't put the ball in the net for them. Not his fault today.
    Griggs chances not easy ???

Header straight at the keeper.
    Middle of box ball comes out to him straight at keeper.
    Yes he try harder than Ladapo I agree but he missed 4 decent chances.

I felt throughout the whole game that this would not end well. Crewe didn't even have the ability to 'park the bus' or slow the game down.It is ridiculous to suggest that either of those things happened. Can anyone remember us being so outplayed for a whole 90 minutes and still coming away with something in an away performance like Crewe did today? We are in League 1 for a reason and today demonstrated in wonderful technicolor why!

Just a word on Crewe. Yes they had limited ability but I always believe that a team
    Who finishes a game strongly derserves something.
    Worryingly we seemed to run out of energy again from around the 80th minute and they spotted this, pushed us back and took control a bit.
    Crewe actually had two bad pieces of judgement just before they got the pen
    Stonewall free kick not given in the D and a soft free kick given in Jonahs favour. The ref protected the keeper but if that had been one of our defenders I don't think it would have been given And it would have been a great chance for them

Quote Originally Posted by Back of the net View Post
    Griggs chances not easy ???

Header straight at the keeper.
    Middle of box ball comes out to him straight at keeper.
    Yes he try harder than Ladapo I agree but he missed 4 decent chances.
    The two I remember was being put through which he did well to latch onto but he then had to shoot from a very tight angle.
    The other was the glancing header which aren't ever easy to execute.
    If he had others then fair enough

Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast