+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Khaled …… excellent presentation

Khaled …… excellent presentation

Impressive fella.
    But the most impressive thing what he said IMO was that his parents escaped war torn Lebanon to move to Sweden.
    For refugees to produce a son in such a high powered job says all you need to know about the calibre of the parents and the son.

Just got back so I’ll post later regarding my observations.
    Last edited by Young_Nudger; 28-09-2021 at 09:11 PM.

Good report on BBS forum.

Quote Originally Posted by Barnsley Chop View Post
    Good report on BBS forum.
    Yes by BBS Admin Gally.
    Who starts by saying it’s a fairly detailed account of what happened.
    Which is specifically what Khaled said should NOT to be put on social media as his aims are to have more sessions with the fans like this one - so he dosent want detailed accounts on social media, hoping that more supporters will attend these Q&A sessions.

Obviously Gally thinks the BBS is more important than the club.

More later - when I have more time.
    But it won’t be a fairly detailed account - it will just be my opinion of what I saw and heard.

Quote Originally Posted by Young_Nudger View Post
    Yes by BBS Admin Gally.
    Who starts by saying it’s a fairly detailed account of what happened.
    Which is specifically what Khaled said should NOT to be put on social media as his aims are to have more sessions with the fans like this one - so he dosent want detailed accounts on social media, hoping that more supporters will attend these Q&A sessions.

Obviously Gally thinks the BBS is more important than the club.

More later - when I have more time.
    But it won’t be a fairly detailed account - it will just be my opinion of what I saw and heard.
    It sounded to me like as long as him and his family are happy he's doing a good job. Also as long as the club is self sufficient (x season ticket holders) it doesn't matter what division it's in.

It didn't fill me with confidence.

Quote Originally Posted by Ponte_Steve24 View Post
    It sounded to me like as long as him and his family are happy he's doing a good job. Also as long as the club is self sufficient (x season ticket holders) it doesn't matter what division it's in.

It didn't fill me with confidence.
    That’s not the impression I got - because I think he was trying to answer some awkward questions relating to how he measures success.

Firstly - surprised at the poor low turn out - - half full (50?) - considering that this guy will greatly determine what players, team, manager and success we will have in the coming seasons.

Saw Hemsy Phil - so had a word with him.
    This fella is quite shy - but you know that whoever is present from the club is going to have some awkward questions thrown at him when Phil is there - as he drills into topics that others don’t usually cover.
    So not surprised when Phil asked questions during the meeting about multiple club ownership and club sponsorships.
    Well done Phil !!!

Had a chat to Andy - Media Manager - nice fella.

Then a tap on my shoulder - and when I looked round, Khaled was going around the audience introducing himself.
    As I said to him - he’s much younger and better looking than his photos
    😂😂😂
    I was expecting someone around 50 year old - but he’s more like late 30s.
    A very open smiley person.

So onto the presentation ……

Presentation - short film clip of the club - a clip of a motivational speech - then slides of Khaleds business beliefs and his journey to becoming Barnsley CEO.
    All very impressive - especially in relation to when he spoke about being a product of refugees from the Lebanese war.

Then ….. oh dear !!!
    The ground announcement guy (Jason?) got hold of the microphone.
    Now he’s a good announcer - but he’s not suitable for an event like this.
    Khaled is a serious fella who has left his high profile job with Man City - taking a risk at Barnsley.
    The supporters were there to listen to Khaleds view for the future of the club.
    When he asked the audience what the club meant to them - he got answers such “everything” “it’s my life”.
    Those supporters (and I would guess Khaled himself) were not there to listen to Jason talking nutty slack.

For example - can tha talk Barnsley yit - as tha had a Barnsley chop yit, when I was a lad tha could take thi dog in the ground and I loved the smell of Bovril - when does tha see Pep managing the club.
    Khaled is a highly professional person who was there to form links with the fans - he wasn’t there IMO to listen to someone belittling the club.
    If this guy Jason thinks he’s a comedian then he needs to think again.
    CRINGEWORTHY and EMBARRASSING.

As soon as the questions were put directly to the audience - the mood changed to a more serious nature.

Next up some questions…..

Quote Originally Posted by Young_Nudger View Post
    Firstly - surprised at the poor low turn out - - half full (50?) - considering that this guy will greatly determine what players, team, manager and success we will have in the coming seasons.

Saw Hemsy Phil - so had a word with him.
    This fella is quite shy - but you know that whoever is present from the club is going to have some awkward questions thrown at him when Phil is there - as he drills into topics that others don’t usually cover.
    So not surprised when Phil asked questions during the meeting about multiple club ownership and club sponsorships.
    Well done Phil !!!

Had a chat to Andy - Media Manager - nice fella.

Then a tap on my shoulder - and when I looked round, Khaled was going around the audience introducing himself.
    As I said to him - he’s much younger and better looking than his photos
    ������
    I was expecting someone around 50 year old - but he’s more like late 30s.
    A very open smiley person.

So onto the presentation ……
    I thought they were taking the p1ss when they mentioned you on the BBS. Never realised you actually met him.

Some very good questions were put to Khaled by the audience itself.
    Members of the audience spoke well and were a credit to the club.
    Khaled was definitely put on the spot.

Main points:
    Paul Conway has always insisted that a continuity has been created at the club so as players and HC move on then others are brought in.
    According to Khaled - that isn’t the case.
    The club has taken a massive hit this season - so reading between the lines I think people within the club are not expecting to do well.
    Consequently the situation with Marcus trying to pick up the pieces has to be considered.
    And this sort of dovetails into what he said about measuring success. His answers seem to indicate a hard time this season.
    In future if the club gets to between 12th and 8th position then that will be a platform to strike at the top 6 the following season.

I asked him about a few things (which BBS Gally has chosen to omit. Such a bitter man).
    One of the things I mentioned was the topic I’ve mentioned on here re: Morris and Obbi being out - lack of a striker with upper body strength while the window was still open.
    He said he agreed with ‘some of it’.
    He didn’t say he agreed with it all - just some of it.
    Which IMO shows truthfulness and honesty.
    A question later from the audience about Barnsley people like to be told how it is - good or bad.
    Well I think he showed that in his answer to me.

The ground.
    To my mind this was the most controversial discussion.
    He asked - by show of hands - who would want to stay at Oakwell or who would want to move to a new purpose built ground somewhere else in Barnsley.
    To my surprise - it seems that most wanted to move.
    Question is - why should he ask that?
    I got the impression that we might be flitting.

He’s asked Barnsley Council what is the maximum season tickets the club would sell if the club was successful.
    The council have said 16,000.
    😂😂😂
    Two things:
    Barnsley Council are NOT business people and they never will be.
    So why ask them?
    Secondly - and this relates to a question from the audience when someone said ‘we know we are a little Championship club’.
    How do they know that ?
    What evidence have they got of that?
    As I said - we are a club of similar size to Blackburn, Burnley and Bolton.
    Those clubs know how many STs they can sell season after season in the Premier.
    Barnsley dosent - as we have never had a sustained period of success.
    Khaled mentioned his bemusement about a player (didn’t catch his name) that went to Coventry and refused to come to Barnsley.
    As i said to him - Coventry is a club which has historically been successful - Barnsley isn’t.

Khaled is at Elland Road today discussing with them how they plotted their success into the Premier.

Anything else i remember - I will post later.
    Last edited by Young_Nudger; 29-09-2021 at 01:44 PM.

He was recommended to Barnsley by Leipzig.
    Impressive recommendation.
    IMO we have a high flier here that’s not going to take any cr@p.
    As he says - he’s in it to win it.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast