+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Unfortunately....

Unfortunately....

We are losing games/points to teams that will inevitably be around us at the wrong end of the table.

I have seen absolutely nothing from this manager that gives me any confidence whatsoever.

Yes he had some huge boots to fill, but I think this chap is way out of his depth and cant help but think we have the austrian version of Steve Parkin

I didn't think for one minute we would be at the top end of the division however everything this season barring one half of football against QPR has been underwhelming.

Unfortunately MS has to go and try and salvage something from the wreckage, he is not the man to take us forward I'm afraid. What we have at our disposal is still sufficient to take points from a team that still has Gary Madine getting grass time at this level of football. It sometimes takes the bigger person to admit we've made a mistake. If I am proven wrong I will do so, however I think the admission from the higher echelons of power at Oakwell will have to come before mine.

It was evident against Stoke City he's not got the dressing room .

The players may well be feeling sorry for themselves too with Val gone who they clearly loved playing for .

Maybe Schopp never had a chance following Val .

If he went tomorrow I wouldn't be too bothered to tell the truth .

Lose at home to Forest mid week and a coaching vacancy at Grove Street becomes a reality.

Ive been asking myself that for a few weeks now and wondering if he should go, even at this early stage.
    Yes we're only 9 games in but can we keep using that excuse as each game adds up, what if its the same after 10 and then 12 and then 15 games etc.
    And we're missing key players as well but once again, I really don't think they will make much if any difference when they are back.
    The probelms do indeed start with the coach/manager and when hes making baffling choices, then the players are fighting an uphill battle.
    As for losing the dressing room, there were suggestions of this during and after the Bournemouth game, and it was said the players didn't want to celebrate the goal at Stoke with him.

Quote Originally Posted by Acido View Post
    Ive been asking myself that for a few weeks now and wondering if he should go, even at this early stage.
    Yes we're only 9 games in but can we keep using that excuse as each game adds up, what if its the same after 10 and then 12 and then 15 games etc.
    And we're missing key players as well but once again, I really don't think they will make much if any difference when they are back.
    The probelms do indeed start with the coach/manager and when hes making baffling choices, then the players are fighting an uphill battle.
    As for losing the dressing room, there were suggestions of this during and after the Bournemouth game, and it was said the players didn't want to celebrate the goal at Stoke with him.
    Even factoring the loss of players the team looks a shadow of what it was last season and that's pre Christmas before Dike and Morris arrived .

Quote Originally Posted by animallittle3 View Post
    Even factoring the loss of players the team looks a shadow of what it was last season and that's pre Christmas before Dike and Morris arrived .
    Having to forget about the Play off challenge and not being as professional and competitive again at this level anymore is one thing. And even more so, we're not even going to be a top half or even a mid table team this time!.

No, what angers me the most is in just a few months its gone from that to a right mess of a set up, and the players don't look like they know what they are doing. And rather worryingly, its got all the makings of a Jose Morais type relegation scrap written all over it at the moment, even though it is only 9 games in!.
    Last edited by Acido; 25-09-2021 at 08:30 PM.

Get rid of the supply teacher these players need a leader and a vision. Schopp's fe ckin useless.

Quote Originally Posted by Ponte_Steve24 View Post
    Get rid of the supply teacher these players need a leader and a vision. Schopp's fe ckin useless.
    So who's your money on ehh Ponty.... step forward a certain bloke called Hecky bum bum.

Ok soz I know that was an unfair bash at him again!!.

But we have to wonder right now if not Schopp, then who else ?.
    Last edited by Acido; 25-09-2021 at 08:46 PM.

Having to forget about the Play off challenge and not being as professional and competitive again at this level anymore is one thing. And even more so, we're not even going to be a top half or even a mid table team this time!.

No, what angers me the most is in just a few months its gone from that to a right mess of a set up, and the players don't look like they know what they are doing. And rather worryingly, its got all the makings of a Jose Morais type relegation scrap written all over it at the moment, even though it is only 9 games in!.
    Many people may think this is unimportant but if you've played the game even at local level it's massive .

When it kicked off against Stoke City on the touchline the only one to not get involved was Schopp .

He just watched from a safe distance .

Ok it was a pretty pointless incident but that's not the point .

You get stuck in and you do your bit for your teammates or your players .

You defend your players and coaching staff and you stick together .

I don't think Schopp gets it in England , the nature of the championship or this club as an underdog who have to beat greater financial odds to compete at this level .

So who's your money on ehh Ponty.... step forward a certain bloke called Hecky bum bum.

Ok soz I know that was an unfair bash at him again!!.

But we have to wonder right now if not Schopp, then who else ?.
    Well I've given my choice on another thread .

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast