+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Well ……… my prediction is still holding up ….

Well ……… my prediction is still holding up ….

……. We won’t win another match until a target striker is in the team.

As you have probably gathered - I don’t know much about football compared to the professionals.
    BUT - I do listen to what the professionals have to say.
    And last season - about this time in the season - Ismael was saying something on the lines of - the Championship is built on power, we need more power in the team.

In January of that season they put that right and brought in Morris and Dike.
    They transformed the team.
    Without them we wouldn’t have finished anywhere near 5th.

The lesson was surely learnt - we need power in the team.
    Or so we thought.
    This season most of the recruitment has been great - but we have started the season without the equivalent of Morris and Dike.
    Consequently we are physically weak in the forward line - there is an absence of upper body strength.
    With regards to that particular position the recruitment has totally failed.

If I can see this - surely the professionals at the club can see it.
    So when they knew Morris was out injured - and Obbi wasn’t ready - why then, while the transfer window was still open, didn’t they do something about it !?!?!

Spoiling the barrel for a penny worth of tar.

Quote Originally Posted by Young_Nudger View Post
    ……. We won’t win another match until a target striker is in the team.

As you have probably gathered - I don’t know much about football compared to the professionals.
    BUT - I do listen to what the professionals have to say.
    And last season - about this time in the season - Ismael was saying something on the lines of - the Championship is built on power, we need more power in the team.

In January of that season they put that right and brought in Morris and Dike.
    They transformed the team.
    Without them we wouldn’t have finished anywhere near 5th.

The lesson was surely learnt - we need power in the team.
    Or so we thought.
    This season most of the recruitment has been great - but we have started the season without the equivalent of Morris and Dike.
    Consequently we are physically weak in the forward line - there is an absence of upper body strength.
    With regards to that particular position the recruitment has totally failed.

If I can see this - surely the professionals at the club can see it.
    So when they knew Morris was out injured - and Obbi wasn’t ready - why then, while the transfer window was still open, didn’t they do something about it !?!?!

Spoiling the barrel for a penny worth of tar.
    That's what you get when there isn't investment from the consortium forthcoming .

You continue to believe the sun shines out of the backside of these owners and then moan about the recruitment .

You can't have it both ways Nudge .

Quote Originally Posted by animallittle3 View Post
    That's what you get when there isn't investment from the consortium forthcoming .

You continue to believe the sun shines out of the backside of these owners and then moan about the recruitment .

Admire your energy to even reply to him Animal.

Quote Originally Posted by Barnsley Chop View Post
    Admire your energy to even reply to him Animal.
    Seemed to me that if the consortium had any ambition to see the club progress then a summer on the back of a fifth placed finish was the time to do it .

Not that I expected it mind .

First signing was Devante Cole on a free , need I say anymore .

The two Belgium's seem to be more free transfers than anything and have a goalscoring record to justify it .

Benson looks the only decent acquisition as Gomes and Vita aren't our players .

People can point out that we didn't sell any of our better talent but that's only because nobody in the PL thinks they are good enough and the championship is devoid of cash due to the pandemic .

Val and Mowatt knew the score here and that tells you the story at this club .

Quote Originally Posted by animallittle3 View Post

Does your suggestion of investment mean throwing money at the club - money that the club hasn’t got if the club is to be run as a business ???
    And no - I don’t think that about sunshine - but I do believe that throwing money at the club - money that the club hasn’t got - is the road to mountains of debt.
    That’s why this new way of doing things is probably the only way of doing things.

IMO there has been a MASSIVE gap in recruitment this season.
    I’ll try to explain it another way - say we had 2 brilliant full backs - but the recruitment team decided because we have brilliant full backs there was no need for tall strong centre backs.
    Would that be acceptable ???

Quote Originally Posted by Young_Nudger View Post
    Does your suggestion of investment mean throwing money at the club - money that the club hasn’t got if the club is to be run as a business ???
    And no - I don’t think that about sunshine - but I do believe that throwing money at the club - money that the club hasn’t got - is the road to mountains of debt.
    That’s why this new way of doing things is probably the only way of doing things.

IMO there has been a MASSIVE gap in recruitment this season.
    I’ll try to explain it another way - say we had 2 brilliant full backs - but the recruitment team decided because we have brilliant full backs there was no need for tall strong centre backs.
    Would that be acceptable ???
    Your doing the throwing multi millions card

that those who defend the consortium like to play whenever this issue comes up .

I said investment Nudge not throwing money down a well .

Investment means you get a return on said investment .

The consortium believe they can see a return on not investing anything what so ever .

You not think that's particularly flawed in the football industry given it's a risk and reward industry ?

On the strength of a 5th place finish this club should have recruited at a far higher level than we've seen if the consortium wanted to see the club grow and increase their chances of a return in the future .

This mob are pyssing up your back Nudge .