+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Chesterfield v Torquay

Quote Originally Posted by magpie_mania View Post
    He said that they controlled the second half from beginning to end. Conceding 2 goals in the last 6 minutes says differently imo.
    Well that's very disappointing to hear, that's nowhere near melodramatic enough to warrant an NCM pitchfork.

Having read KCs comments on here I just assumed they had comfortably won thanks to Miller and Tshimanga, so surprised to hear they conceded twice late on to draw.

Quote Originally Posted by BigFatPie View Post
    If today’s result was a one off we’d all be looking how other teams do, but we’ve got to be looking to ourselves and why we keep repeating the same mistakes over and over again.
    This^^^ Sod everyone else. We need to be the masters of our own destiny.

Quote Originally Posted by SwalePie View Post
    The Cheaterfurlough manager's post match interview is sure to be a must watch methinks. I'm going to seek it out.

Credit to him for that one. Sounded fair.

How much is bongo worth now ? Him and Miller should be in our team, is this how low we've sunk, out bid by the likes of Chesterfield.

Quote Originally Posted by maddogslater View Post
    How much is bongo worth now ? Him and Miller should be in our team, is this how low we've sunk, out bid by the likes of Chesterfield.
    I didn't know we were outbid, are you sure?

Quote Originally Posted by SwalePie View Post
    I didn't know we were outbid, are you sure?
    If we were, we were. That's life.

We've got a budget and we can either afford people or we can't. I'm not going to criticise the club for that, bearing in mind our 'boom' and 'bust' (mostly bust) experiences over the past 20 years.

Under the current ownership there has been a distinct lack of milk bills going unpaid, winding up orders and fears about whether the club will make it to the end of the week. If the price of that financial stability is that we won't be busting the bank to sign the Enzio's and Kabongo Tshimanga's anymore, then I can live with it.

In terms of chasing success, we might have to be the tortoise rather than the hare, but tortoise's tend to live longer anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by jackal2 View Post

We've got a budget and we can either afford people or we can't. I'm not going to criticise the club for that, bearing in mind our 'boom' and 'bust' (mostly bust) experiences over the past 20 years.

Under the current ownership there has been a distinct lack of milk bills going unpaid, winding up orders and fears about whether the club will make it to the end of the week. If the price of that financial stability is that we won't be busting the bank to sign the Enzio's and Kabongo Tshimanga's anymore, then I can live with it.

In terms of chasing success, we might have to be the tortoise rather than the hare, but tortoise's tend to live longer anyway.

Well put.

Quote Originally Posted by jackal2 View Post

Well said jackal..! Xx

Regardless of whether you like or dislike it, I wish everyone on NCM reads Jackal2's post above.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast