+ Visit Motherwell FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Watt Wins it for 'Well

Watt Wins it for 'Well

Motherwell needed a late Tony Watt strike to beat Ross County 2-1 leaving the visitors without the point. - External Link

T'was a fine run / finish by TW for sure. That said, we were fortunate (jammy) IMO today. Don't get me wrong, the heady heights of being 3rd in the league is something at this season's start I never would've predicted. However, the 'ugly' football can only last so long surely? I imagine opposition coaches will soon twig to our long ball fitbaw methods?

Agree above and ask where are recent recruits Johansen, Goss and Shields ?
    In particular Goss as mid-field,with exception Slattery, AWOL
    Another observation … why do we play Van Veen out wide when IMO more potent thru middle, playing as No9

Johansen and Goss are injured.

We're certainly not going to win every match playing like that - eventually some 50-50s will go against you but if we win more than we lose it's definitely a huge improvement from last season and something to build on.

Agree on the midfield - Grimshaw has proved me wrong in the sense results are there but having him and O'Hara in the same trio is hard going, at least in games when you would hope we'd take the initiative. We're probably not going to rush to change things to Tynecastle but that's now Dundee and Ross County - who regardless of performances are strugglers according to the table - who have come to FP and had the better of the game. No complaints when we sneak the win but concern it can't last is entirely fair.

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)