+ Visit West Bromwich Albion FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Brentford - Hats Off To Them & WOW

Brentford - Hats Off To Them & WOW

Unlucky to get promoted instead of us and lose their best two players in Ollie Watkins and Benrahma but just watched them against Liverpool:

1. Great exciting football - doing themselves more of a credit than we did

2. Fantastic Player Recruitment - lose their best two players but wow the football is exciting with some great talent!

3. New Ground & Owner Investment - their owner has invested - he's one of their own and loves the club

Sadly - we are no-where near the three points above but wish this club well! That's a well run football club in my view and everything we are NOT!

Hats off!

From the moment I saw us scrape a 1-1 draw with them at our place the year we last got promoted I knew they were a class outfit.

Toney.....just the sort of player that a club of our size and heritage can still easily attract from a League One or League Two side.

If only we had the nouse.

Brilliant, That’s the way to play, not parking the bus but taking the game to a so called superior side without going gung ho.
    Liverpool and the like don’t have a god given right to win a game, we’ll done Brentford, outstanding.
    We can only dream

Yes its great credit to them, they certainly have surprised everybody so far. Lets see how it turns out, I think they will be like Leeds and Wolverhampton, and will have a comfortable first season in that league.
    Btw I still can't believe we won at their place that night a few seasons ago and stayed up, a result which sent your team up of course. And when that happened you just knew they were going to blow it in the Play offs again. Thankfully justice was done and they hammered Swanny in last seasons Play off final.

Class act. I was wanting us to buy Toney when it was muted. Well worth it. But of course we ended up not buying anyone.

Quote Originally Posted by boingy View Post
    Class act. I was wanting us to buy Toney when it was muted. Well worth it. But of course we ended up not buying anyone.

Agreed Boingy - and some expect us to play beautiful football! Look how far Brentford have come and look how far we have declined! There’s only one person at fault and that’s not Val!

That Brentford owner loves his club - the clue is in ❤️

Yep agree with all above. Have hit on a formula of picking up lower league players and polishing a “t***” into a diamond. I think they scrapped their academy too - and went for a “B” team approach made up of misfits and drop-outs from other clubs.

Must have a great scouting system and way of assessing players.

Quote Originally Posted by Acido View Post
    Yes its great credit to them, they certainly have surprised everybody so far. Lets see how it turns out, I think they will be like Leeds and Wolverhampton, and will have a comfortable first season in that league.
    Btw I still can't believe we won at their place that night a few seasons ago and stayed up, a result which sent your team up of course. And when that happened you just knew they were going to blow it in the Play offs again. Thankfully justice was done and they hammered Swanny in last seasons Play off final.
    It hasn't surprised me one little bit. I fully expected them to achieve what they have done so far in the Premier League. Well run club from top to bottom. If there were two more opposites to their owner and ours, I've yet to see it.

Tahhh for replying Leics, I thought I'd been blacklisted on here all of a sudden.
    They have been knocking at the door for ages now and eventually clubs like that do deservedly get into the Prem, so well done to them.

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)