+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 7 of 16 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: St Midden Match Thread

Stephen Glass is well on his way to becoming our version of Ian Cathro.

It’s a shame because he seems like a nice guy but I think he has underestimated Scottish football and thinks he can come in and play a style which doesn’t work in our league.

He’s not the first to try that but unfortunately it usually ends up going one way.

Quote Originally Posted by rico94 View Post
    Stephen Glass is well on his way to becoming our version of Ian Cathro.

It’s a shame because he seems like a nice guy but I think he has underestimated Scottish football and thinks he can come in and play a style which doesn’t work in our league.

He’s not the first to try that but unfortunately it usually ends up going one way.
    In a way I disagree. The style of play that Glass wants to play can be done in our league but it would take a much more experienced manager and alot better players to do it. Putting your hopes on 2 kids at fullback and a right seded midfielder at left centre half won't help. Then add a goalkeeper that can't pass a ball and doesn't cover his near post and your handicapping yourself every match. I should add Bates performance today reminded me of the bad days of Zander Diamond.

Just out of interest, and I’m not saying we are near this point yet , if Glass and his coaching staff get the dunt does Scott Brown go with them as a member of the coaching staff or would he still be able to stay on as a player? Just interested, I really hope it doesn’t need to happen because it will cost a lot to get rid of all Glass’ Merry men . Let’s just hope he can sort this out for the sake of Dodgy Dave’s bank balance and equally enormous ego.
    On a side note , I didn’t see the game , was it entertaining?

I have a funny feeling Brown could be getting promoted if Glass etc get the dunt. Most likely been agreed with Cormack etc before he signed with us.

Quote Originally Posted by pieandbovrilman View Post
    Just out of interest, and I’m not saying we are near this point yet , if Glass and his coaching staff get the dunt does Scott Brown go with them as a member of the coaching staff or would he still be able to stay on as a player? Just interested, I really hope it doesn’t need to happen because it will cost a lot to get rid of all Glass’ Merry men . Let’s just hope he can sort this out for the sake of Dodgy Dave’s bank balance and equally enormous ego.
    On a side note , I didn’t see the game , was it entertaining?
    He has a 2-year playing contract so that would still be in place if Glass and backroom team got emptied. A few different scenarios then possible I think, all of which probably involve him being temporary manager until someone else is in place

1. A new manager is brought in and wants Brown to stay as a player and coach so no change for Brown
    2. A new manager is brought in and has his own backroom staff and doesn't want Brown as coach. Brown then carries on as a player and could just sit out his two year contract.
    3. A new manager is brought in and has his own backroom staff and doesn't want Brown as coach. Brown wants to continue as a coach so would likely leave when the right opportunity arises either as a player coach or maybe even as a manager at a lower level club. Under this scenario I wouldn't imagine we would be difficult to deal with partly to get an expensive wage off the payroll. He could either leave on a free transfer if it was during a transfer window or we would likely mutually agree to cancel his contract if not during the window.
    4. Brown gets the manager job full time, which would be highly unlikely I would imagine unless he brought in an experienced manager as his assistant e.g. a John Hughes type.

I would imagine scenarios 1 or 3 would be most likely outcome

McGinn's one year contract is absolutely fine. He was supposed to be back up only, which he is. He took reduced wages, and he also trains some of the youths two nights a week. He does some other activities behind the scenes and will be gone at the end of the season. The problem is the amount if mediocrity in the squad. Terrible central defenders. Terribly similar and dull midfielders. Brown, Ojo, McGeough, Ferguson, Jenks. Without Watkins there is nobody to link to Ramirez. Jet plays with his back to goal, but doesn't link to anything. No width, other than Ramsay. From today's 18, we can add Considine, McGinn, Ojo, Burr, McLennan and Kennedy. None of them remotely good enough. Big squad, big pile of ****e mostly. And zero chance for any other youngster to make an appearance. We have more than two teams worth of average players. We need to get rid of eight of them and replace them with four very good ones. Not going to happen under Glass, who wants the veritable tombola with two players in every position etc. Hedges will leave very soon, and Ramsay not too long after him. Nobody will want any of the others. A massive clearout is already required. McGinn, Hayes, Jenks, McGeough, Kennedy, Ojo, McLennan, Burr, for starters. Lewis has lost it completely and both Gallagher and Bates have actually made things worth in central defence. Ouch. Glass will never sort it out before we finish bottom 6. Not a chance.

Quote Originally Posted by feel View Post
    McGinn's one year contract is absolutely fine. He was supposed to be back up only, which he is. He took reduced wages, and he also trains some of the youths two nights a week. He does some other activities behind the scenes and will be gone at the end of the season. The problem is the amount if mediocrity in the squad. Terrible central defenders. Terribly similar and dull midfielders. Brown, Ojo, McGeough, Ferguson, Jenks. Without Watkins there is nobody to link to Ramirez. Jet plays with his back to goal, but doesn't link to anything. No width, other than Ramsay. From today's 18, we can add Considine, McGinn, Ojo, Burr, McLennan and Kennedy. None of them remotely good enough. Big squad, big pile of ****e mostly. And zero chance for any other youngster to make an appearance. We have more than two teams worth of average players. We need to get rid of eight of them and replace them with four very good ones. Not going to happen under Glass, who wants the veritable tombola with two players in every position etc. Hedges will leave very soon, and Ramsay not too long after him. Nobody will want any of the others. A massive clearout is already required. McGinn, Hayes, Jenks, McGeough, Kennedy, Ojo, McLennan, Burr, for starters. Lewis has lost it completely and both Gallagher and Bates have actually made things worth in central defence. Ouch. Glass will never sort it out before we finish bottom 6. Not a chance.
    Good points … a GROUP full of mediocrity apart from Hedges, who will be gone soon, and Ferguson, who has gone off the boil recently. The rest are either not good enough or past it; the signings Glass has made don’t improve the team. I can’t see this team challenging for anything with Glass in charge.

Quote Originally Posted by LongDistanceRed View Post
    Joe Lewis is a very poor keeper based on his performances in the last 2 years

The club make a huge mistake giving him such a ridiculously long contract, he's reverted to the form he has in his 20's when he was 2nd choice in the english lower leagues, bottling out of challenges, dreadful with low shots, and his distrubution is awful

He cost the team 2 goals today, first goal his 'clearance' was abject, kicked the ball 2ft off the ground straight to a st mirren player, 2nd goal, he flapped like an absolute fanny and tried to blame his team mates for his own error

His errors are costing the team big time, he is rubbish at the minute, literally garbage

Drop him, he needs dropping ASAP, can't just continue to play players and give players contracts on the back of how they performed 3 years ago, same with Nial McGinn, why the **** the club decided to hand him a new contract when hes clearly finished is beyond me, squad is too old , oldest squad in the SPL
    In response tae 4 o' yer above sentences, ..... There's nae a keeper on the planet equipped by trainin or experience tae deal wi a disjointed defence..... and. dinna get ma wrang .... individually, oor defenders are nae bad .... but nae quite workin' as a unit ... or at least nae onythin oor keeper recognises as such.

Quote Originally Posted by Shetland Don View Post
    I can’t see this team challenging for anything with Glass in charge.
    I have a feeling we may well be challenging to stay in the league if this form continues.

Quote Originally Posted by feel View Post
    I think you summed the squad perfectly why cannot the board and the chairman see we have accumulated a squad of extremely average players
    It should not be allowed to happen
    So many average midfielders its laughable
    Head of recruitment has his work cut out to try and move some on or loan out
    Players need to get their personal act together or ship out
    It's a privilege to pull on the Red shirt they should remember that

Page 7 of 16 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast