+ Visit Blackburn Rovers FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Simply outstanding

Simply outstanding

No words can do this performance justice.
    From defence to attack we looked fantastic.

Quote Originally Posted by robinrover View Post
    No words can do this performance justice.
    From defence to attack we looked fantastic.
    I'm just non footballing people Venkys didnt listen to all the gob****es.
    I'm so grateful we have this manager. Who people quickly forgot took our club from a huge mess and relegation to stabalising our club. Some fans even now mention us only finishing second in Div1. Even though getting promotion was the only important thing.
    Yet that is what folk remembered. When we lost a few football matches.

My god I'm glad we dodnt get Hughton. Or Warnock. Or Mick fkng Mcarthy. Or Pearson.
    But the football experts stated we SHOULD be getting these pricks into our club.
    Did Hughton turn Forest round?
    Once we lose a few games, the same people will turn on him again. Because they have always wanted to.
    These people talk alot. Bit dont understand football.

Remember that prock who used to come here last year calling me all sorts because I refused to go along with the pathetic narrative .....Mowbray out! Nobody said anything to back me up. He was left to abuse, laugh and talk ****e to me.
    Where is he now? Where is Chris Hughton?
    Where is Adam Armstrong? He was in a rush to leave. Hes scored one goal this season.
    We have a better football in Brereton.

I'm loving this rite now. I loved yesterday's result. It should embarrass alot of people.
    Those who spent 12 months demanding a very decent knowledgable football man who has saved our club from impending death be sacked. For finishing mid table.

I hope and pray some people feel a tad embarrassed. And should rightly now just support the club.

Good evening champs.
    I was one of the folk calling for his head and to be perfectly honest,what is achieved in September anyway?
    Yes we are playing really well and are in a very good league position but there is a long way to go.
    I won't be sounding the trumpet until at least March.
    We have history under mowbray for having our wheels fly off after Christmas.
    Am I happy?yes of course.
    Am I happy with mowbray?yes again but come back in March and ask me.

Quote Originally Posted by robinrover View Post
    Good evening champs.
    I was one of the folk calling for his head and to be perfectly honest,what is achieved in September anyway?
    Yes we are playing really well and are in a very good league position but there is a long way to go.
    I won't be sounding the trumpet until at least March.
    We have history under mowbray for having our wheels fly off after Christmas.
    Am I happy?yes of course.
    Am I happy with mowbray?yes again but come back in March and ask me.
    I'd ask what Hughton, Pearsom, Warnock etc have ever done?
    The easiest thing in the world is to sit and enjoy a 5-1 win.
    It takes a bit of foresight when things arent going well, to suggest everyone vying for him to be sacked.

Look at your comment now? Desperate to find the negative. Its only Sept. We only finished 2nd when we won promotion.
    Some are desperate for him to fail, simply so they can say. See ...told you.

You, me everyone else at no point mentioned going up this season. So why would you be waiting for that to happen?
    Of course we wont go up. But when that happens? I wont be Sat calling for his head and demanding Chris Hughton in. One because he wont have failed. And two because I've said since day one we would likely do no better. In fact I think he is doing a great job. Hughton and 100% of all these suggested managers likely would have no impact. It would be far more likely things would turn into a disaster pretty quickly.

But at our club, our manager gets treated with utter contempt.

I get where you are coming from but should we always except mediocrity.
    Last season was an underachievement but this season is surprising me so far.
    Do I expect us to fall dramatically away in February?of course but that doesn't mean I want it to happen.
    I want nothing but success for the team I support.
    That could mean mowbray or someone else in charge it doesn't matter.
    I only want us to be a successful as we possibly can do.

I think alot of ***** pieces have fallen into place though. We now have a settled defence. Ayala is making Lenihan better. Nyambe is better. Pickering is far better than both Bell and Douglas.
    Travis is fit and more experienced.
    Dolan will be far more effective than Elliott who everyone droooled over. He scored 7 last season. Dolan has 3 already. And he creates God's. SG is far better.
    Brereton is much better footballer than Arma ever was.
    Our side us the best side that Mowbray has had in his time here.
    Its more balanced. It's not full of Downings and Bennetts.
    The keeper is solid.
    Carter looks useful.
    The only one not really doing much is Rothwell. Who personally I'd let go if we can get anything for him.
    Khadra is quality.

Nothing whatsoever points towards a complete collapse in Feb. Not for one second an I saying we are nailed on top 6. But this year its wide open. The top 3 will be Bouremouth Fulham and WBA. We all knew that before a ball was kicked. The other 3 spaces are free for anyone. We are vying for that place vrs the likes of Cardiff.
    Well, here and now we are miles better. With a far far better manager.

Has he not earnt the right for a tiny bit of support rite now?

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)