+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Barnsley football club…, the Labour party of the championship

Barnsley football club…, the Labour party of the championship

After years of trying - they finally find a formula that makes them winners.
    Do they build on that success …….. nope.
    They decide to throw the baby out with the bath water and start all over again.

Both completely crackers.

Quote Originally Posted by Young_Nudger View Post
    After years of trying - they finally find a formula that makes them winners.
    Do they build on that success …….. nope.
    They decide to throw the baby out with the bath water and start all over again.

Both completely crackers.
    Try again, edit never seems to work properly.

Starmer said we need a strong economy to pay for everything we need. No kidding - it's only taken Labour 13 years to realise that. You may now stand a chance of winning.
    Barnsley need to go 3 5 2 now as I've seen Pass and Animal suggest and we might stand a chance of winning!

Quote Originally Posted by Arblasterfromthepast View Post
    Try again, edit never seems to work properly.

Starmer said we need a strong economy to pay for everything we need. No kidding - it's only taken Labour 13 years to realise that. You may now stand a chance of winning.
    Barnsley need to go 3 5 2 now as I've seen Pass and Animal suggest and we might stand a chance of winning!
    Yes - that’s what I’m saying.
    I’ve always been amazed when I see a blueprint for success thrown out of the window.
    Typical example is the Labour Party - but incredibly it’s happened now at Barnsley.

Labour.
    Winning formula.
    But then decided to use different types of individuals that weren’t up to the job.
    It’s taken 13 years for Labour to realise this.

Barnsley Football Club.
    Winning formula.
    How long is it going to take the club to realise that certain individuals (forwards) with certain attributes were responsible for bringing them that success?

When there is a winning formula - you make sure that winning formula is maintained - then build on that.
    What you don’t do is suddenly change direction - and see attributes that brought you that success as no longer important.

Morris and Dike ………. Blair and Brown.

Obbi ………. Ed Miliband - always injury prone especially around things like bacon sandwiches.

Woodrow …….. well we haven’t a Blair and Brown available, so we will promote this fella to lead the line - Jeremy Corbyn.
    Last edited by Young_Nudger; 02-10-2021 at 08:28 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Young_Nudger View Post
    Morris and Dike ………. Blair and Brown.

Obbi ………. Ed Miliband - always injury prone especially around things like bacon sandwiches.

Woodrow …….. well we haven’t a Blair and Brown available, so we will promote this fella to lead the line - Jeremy Corbyn.
    You could add that apart from Starmer and Lisa Nandy, the rest of the squad is thin,, and Starmer himself isn't great.

We needed to change the style of play in my opinion and Val was always going to leave. But mistakes have been made, clearly with the reliance on Obbi and Morris.