+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Obbi out for foreseeable future …….. stupid recruitment

Obbi out for foreseeable future …….. stupid recruitment

When a player has been brought in to replace a player (Dike) that was a pivotal part of a successful team last season - then that player had better be vetted 100%.
    And then vetted again after that.

What has happened at Barnsley this summer is beyond belief !!!
    The recruitment team have bought a pig in a poke.
    No matter where we finish at the end of this season - we would have finished with more points if it wasn’t for this crazy crazy appointment.

Quote Originally Posted by Young_Nudger View Post
    When a player has been brought in to replace a player (Dike) that was a pivotal part of a successful team last season - then that player had better be vetted 100%.
    And then vetted again after that.

What has happened at Barnsley this summer is beyond belief !!!
    The recruitment team have bought a pig in a poke.
    No matter where we finish at the end of this season - we would have finished with more points if it wasn’t for this crazy crazy appointment.
    Where have you got this from? I'm sure it's just coincidence, but it's funny you've seen this on the day the physio has left.

Quote Originally Posted by Arblasterfromthepast View Post
    Where have you got this from? I'm sure it's just coincidence, but it's funny you've seen this on the day the physio has left.
    I saw it first on BBS reporting on an article in today’s Chronicle.
    I thought surely that can’t be right.
    But I’ve read the Chronicle article and it’s right.
    Schopp saying Obbi is out for the foreseeable future.
    ……… which means of course …….. that Barnsley Football Club is going to struggle
    for the foreseeable future.
    Vertical Football landing squarely on the shoulders of just one player - Morris.

If I was Khaled I’d sack the person involved in the decision to recruit Obbi.
    But I suppose if those involved are called Cryne and Conway then that’s going to be difficult.

Mmhmm it'll be right then. I like Morris a great deal but he's injury prone. Applying a bit of common sense, I think I would have made sure his partner in crime was fit or recruited A.N. Other as well ! Oh well, we struggle on.

Quote Originally Posted by Arblasterfromthepast View Post
    Mmhmm it'll be right then. I like Morris a great deal but he's injury prone. Applying a bit of common sense, I think I would have made sure his partner in crime was fit or recruited A.N. Other as well ! Oh well, we struggle on.
    Key word in that of course is ….. ‘struggle’.

Only chance weve got on staying up is if 5 or 6 clubs go in to amin. And loose 12 points.... even though at this rate we'll still go down

WHEN THIS SO CALLED RECRUITMENT TEAM STOP GETTING CHEAP IMPORT PLAYERS AND HCs THE CLUB MIGHT START TO GO IN THE RIGHT DIRECTION INSTEAD OF BEING THE LAUGHING STOCK OF THE CHAMPIONSHIP