+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Cambridge fan here.

Cambridge fan here.

I am familiar with Howloldboy and acido, so i thought id drop in. Im amazed to see this board well used. I used to live in south yorks, and loved it, your gals are special. But with my cambs accent, i had it made.

I made it to a couple of pantos in Barnsley, yes pantos, im not refering to Oakwell. I did see Barnsley a couple of times, i watched Barnsley lose to West Ham in 1977, or was it 78. I had some moments of confusion, wondering if i was in a theatre or at a football ground.

Seeing your stadium on tv, its nothing like it used to be, in fact it looks premiership class. And i know, deep down or not deep down, you want premiership football.

No amount of psychotropic medication is going to relieve you of that delusion, in fact, relegation is more likely. You have neither the money or fan base to sustain that. Everyone has rich owners, and im sure that if your owners bought promotion, they would need foodbanks pretty quick.

If you, by fluke, signed prem class footballers, they would leave panto, i mean pronto for bigger clubs. They wont want to stay at Barnsley. Because any visit to the prem will be as brief as morning dew in summer.

Even West Brom can walk in and take your manager.

Just enjoy being where you are, because looking at the table, even that may not last long. Barnsley is a lovely town, not as nice as Cambridge, but there you go. Stop hankering after what you cant have, you will live longer.

Alan of Back Hill.

Getting lessons from a Cambridge fan on football reality .

Wow !!!

Have they got a football team in Cambridge ? Well al gu to foot onnar stairs !
    Nice one Al , and thanks for letting us have Luke Berry !

Quote Originally Posted by Romared View Post
    Have they got a football team in Cambridge ? Well al gu to foot onnar stairs !
    Nice one Al , and thanks for letting us have Luke Berry !
    Their top scorer last season Paul Mullin swapped a season in league one with Cambridge for the National League with Wrexham .

Interesting choice .

Ambition eh !!!

Quote Originally Posted by animallittle3 View Post
    Their top scorer last season Paul Mullin swapped a season in league one with Cambridge for the National League with Wrexham .

Interesting choice .

Ambition eh !!!
    He's Acido mate though , reyt pair of uglee !! 2 hats I would imagine , make a fortune at Halloween eh ?

Quote Originally Posted by Romared View Post
    He's Acido mate though , reyt pair of uglee !! 2 hats I would imagine , make a fortune at Halloween eh ?
    He is NOT my mate Roma, he is nobody's mate on Footymad to be honest. He is a complete sh*it stirrer of the highest order and he thinks hes funny, Isn't that right 'Frank' ?.

Cambridge lol....
    Says it all.
    Worked, got drunk , stayed down there...
    Women loved it from a bit of northern ruff. Mucky reyt mucky

Don't take any notice of Psaw,he's a excellent wum and far better than the usual scroats who try it but he's still a bell end of the highest order

Quote Originally Posted by cocopops61 View Post
    Don't take any notice of Psaw, he's an excellent wum and far better than the usual scroats who try it, but he's still a bell end of the highest order.
    Nahh then Chalky county IS a mate of mine, and he does know his stuff, err sometimes lol.
    Hey Chalky lad we're playing Notts Florist this week, a nice Tykes win would be lovely wudn't it.

Quote Originally Posted by Acido View Post
    Nahh then Chalky county IS a mate of mine, and he does know his stuff, err sometimes lol.
    Hey Chalky lad we're playing Notts Florist this week, a nice Tykes win would be lovely wudn't it.
    Whoever are playing Forest are my second team Acido so good luck to Tarn 👍😎

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast