+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Matchday Thread: Derby v Reading

Its a pity the way the team is been developed this season wasn't applied a few seasons back
    I like the way we fight to the last kick. Its looks like a couple of decent players short of a really great side
    If only we wasn't in the mess we are in ! I don't think you have to pay big money, out of contract players appear eager to show their fight
    On last nights game the ref was the worst I'd seen for a while. I thought Morrison might just nut him at one point

Quote Originally Posted by Geoff Parkstone View Post
    Hurrah, more support / power to your team lineup definition matrix MA: a 2nd, non cloggie, using it.

Swale boo, boo
    When pundits on sky and match of the day use it, when the top level club and international coaches use it, then by all means I'll accept its got merit, BUT as of yet, other than on this Forum and yoof coaching manuals, I have never seen, or heard it used in any media, visual, printed or online.

Quote Originally Posted by swaledale View Post
    When pundits on sky and match of the day use it, when the top level club and international coaches use it, then by all means I'll accept its got merit, BUT as of yet, other than on this Forum and yoof coaching manuals, I have never seen, or heard it used in any media, visual, printed or online.
    Louis van Gaal uses it in press conferences. I wrote that on this very forum a few weeks back. Also pundits are using it here. I also wrote that on here a few weeks back. One even corrected another when he "missed" the keeper out.... also in that very same thread.

Sorry I didn't mean to cause a stir, I've always thought it was something you write, but generally don't say.
    Also, don't want to detract from what was a ***** 3 points.
    On Eddy's point, a part of me thinks that having no money to spend forces DCFC to be more clever with signings - I remember Clough Jnr being fantastic on a shoestring, but Connor Sammon with money!!

Quote Originally Posted by Ramshank72 View Post
    Sorry I didn't mean to cause a stir, I've always thought it was something you write, but generally don't say.
    Shouldn’t worry about it. MA loves it...Swale hates it...most think it’s a storm in a teacup.
    Can see the point of it being a bit disrespectful to leave ‘keepers out...on the other hand only the outfield players are described via formation so...who cares? We all know what is meant.
    So...tomorrow...how are we lining up? Careful now.

Quote Originally Posted by ramAnag View Post
    Shouldn’t worry about it. MA loves it...Swale hates it...most think it’s a storm in a teacup.
    Can see the point of it being a bit disrespectful to leave ‘keepers out...on the other hand only the outfield players are described via formation so...who cares? We all know what is meant.
    So...tomorrow...how are we lining up? Careful now.
    Bound to be 1-4-2-3-1 again.

Which players? Provided there are no fresh injury worries.........

Roos
    Byrne
    Jags if fit otherwise Stears
    Curt
    Fozzy
    Bird
    Shinnie
    Knight
    Ravel
    Loz
    Baldock if fit otherwise Strets

Until the last 1/4 of last season, it didn't seem to matter how well Roos played in the 3 three or four game runs he got when Marshy was out. Once fit, Marshy as #1 got the nod. Simply based on consistency from the gaffer, Roos back in

Quote Originally Posted by MadAmster View Post
    Bound to be 1-4-2-3-1 again.

Which players? Provided there are no fresh injury worries.........

Roos
    Byrne
    Jags if fit otherwise Stears
    Curt
    Fozzy
    Bird
    Shinnie
    Knight
    Ravel
    Loz
    Baldock if fit otherwise Strets

Until the last 1/4 of last season, it didn't seem to matter how well Roos played in the 3 three or four game runs he got when Marshy was out. Once fit, Marshy as #1 got the nod. Simply based on consistency from the gaffer, Roos back in
    Was Roos only banned for one game? I'd keep the winning side including Allsop.

Quote Originally Posted by Ramshank72 View Post
    Also, don't want to detract from what was a ***** 3 points.
    On Eddy's point, a part of me thinks that having no money to spend forces DCFC to be more clever with signings - I remember Clough Jnr being fantastic on a shoestring, but Connor Sammon with money!!
    its only gentle joshing, MA's fine, I find including the keeper superfluous and nobody in the Uk actually uses it.

Not sure I remember Clough Jnr being fantastic, he managed to keep derby mid table with mind numbing football.

I guess these guys now have no pressure? Its not as if they are expected to avoid relegation so they are playing for pride and for some their futures. Got to admire Rooney's behaviour in all this, fair dues to the guy.
    Last edited by swaledale; 01-10-2021 at 01:28 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by swaledale View Post

Not sure I remember Clough Jnr being fantastic, he managed to keep derby mid table with mind numbing football.

I guess these guys now have no pressure? Its not as if they are expected to avoid relegation so they are playing for pride and for some their futures. Got to admire Rooney's behaviour in all this, fair dues to the guy.
    Agree with that. Clough’s signings were ‘mixed’ at best...and he seemed to rapidly fall out with one of the better ones...Moxey, who even though he left us ten years ago still wouldn’t be the oldest in our back four.

Not sure about the pressure. I don’t think there’s any chance at all of avoiding relegation if, as expected, there’s an additional points deduction to come, but as things are...if we can stay ‘in touch’ until the next window and then be allowed some incomers there’s maybe an outside possibility.

Either way League One, or Division Three as it was known when we were last there, isn’t that bad...providing all the punishments are finally done and we’re in a position to build again.
    Last edited by ramAnag; 01-10-2021 at 02:15 PM.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)