+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Richard Wood

Richard Wood

gru go to the naughty cupboard without replying.

I only wish Wood was 10 years younger and he'd just signed for us. The man is playing the best ever football for us of late. I thought today he was immense with his no nonsense hard tackling, brilliant powerful clearance headers and leadership.

Where will we find such and old fashioned rock hard leader and Captain like him again? No one in our current side is as animated showing passion determination at all costs and guts to go with it.

He's one of a a dying breed in the game, probably won't see many of his type in the future. I think he's been great this season, hardly put a foot wrong.

That's a very good point.
    What are we going to do when he does have to retire.
    No one,s coming close to replacing him and many have tried since we signed him.
    The look on his face at Bolton when some of their attackers tried to get the better of him...have another go son and you,ll come off second best again
    Last edited by flourbasher; 26-09-2021 at 11:13 AM.

He was the reason we didn’t concede a goal at Bolton.
    Simply outstanding

Echo these thoughts, be a sad day when he does eventually retire. Then we will see just how much we miss his leadership, dogged determination and heart. A great leader and role model.

Echo all the positives from yesterday.

Well said Brin.
    It was between him and Rathbone for my man of the match yesterday.
    When people talk about leaders he's right up there and we could do with a few more characters like him in the squad.
    Unfortunately Ladapo is the polar opposite.

Both Evans and Redfearn sent him out on loan to Fleetwood, Crawley and Chesterfield.

Glad he stuck it out.

Bloody right! When (IF) he ever packs it in we should erect a statue of him outside NYS.
    And Gru should be made to polish the bird**** off it EVERY WEEK

One of the Millers legends

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast