+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: furlough field !

Quote Originally Posted by queenslandpie View Post
    I dont think its like that. They have said they have a drip feed of money this season. Once the player contracts run out the players move on. Not complex they are only 2 year deals. They might as well have a go I would if I was them.
    I suppose time will tell what they mean by drip feed off money...? Its s statement that can mean anything really, it says a lot without telling us nothing , a form of smoke and mirrors if you like.

If Cheaterfurlough want to gamble then that's the risk they are taking. We know all too well what can happen with boom and bust over the 00's and 10's and the amount of false dawns that nearly finished the club and had it on it's knees.

We are a top half league one club based on our fan base, facilities an stadium and I firmly believe we will get back there and when we do it will be because the club has been built on solid foundations over period of time.

Slow and steady wins the race. Let's see where both clubs are in two, three and five years time.

'hopefully they will start to pay out'

That's only a bit of it and may be out of context, but something sounds too good to be true.

Are they the only ones who knew of this insurance?

I never liked the furlough thing - surely it wasn't supposed to be there to furlough players and then replace them with better ones?

Quote Originally Posted by magpie_mania View Post
    'hopefully they will start to pay out'

That's only a bit of it and may be out of context, but something sounds too good to be true.

Are they the only ones who knew of this insurance?

I never liked the furlough thing - surely it wasn't supposed to be there to furlough players and then replace them with better ones?
    I am assuming they would argue that they furloughed a left back and bought in a centre forward so its a different position although I am not sure of the mechanics of anything to do with the scheme or if that actually happened. SO they did not replace the position. They just took the mickey with the scheme and misused it to their advantage.

I am assuming they would argue that they furloughed a left back and bought in a centre forward so its a different position although I am not sure of the mechanics of anything to do with the scheme or if that actually happened. SO they did not replace the position. They just took the mickey with the scheme and misused it to their advantage.
    The trouble is if it's challenged they would be taking on this Government and they will be up against the best bulls5hi77er5 and liars in the business..They will know every trick in the book that Cheater Town have tried,they are the masters of deception...

Quote Originally Posted by PedroTheFisherman66 View Post
    The trouble is if it's challenged they would be taking on this Government and they will be up against the best bulls5hi77er5 and liars in the business..They will know every trick in the book that Cheater Town have tried,they are the masters of deception...
    Ultimately if it gets them back in the EFL I think we would all wish we had tried it.

Ultimately if it gets them back in the EFL I think we would all wish we had tried it.
    I think I prefer our owners current approach bearing in mind we've already tried the model that Cheat field are on...! Although we all loved the Munro train at the time it seriously came back to bite us on our arse...!

Quote Originally Posted by MAD_MAGPIE View Post
    If Cheaterfurlough want to gamble then that's the risk they are taking. We know all too well what can happen with boom and bust over the 00's and 10's and the amount of false dawns that nearly finished the club and had it on it's knees.

We are a top half league one club based on our fan base, facilities an stadium and I firmly believe we will get back there and when we do it will be because the club has been built on solid foundations over period of time.

Slow and steady wins the race. Let's see where both clubs are in two, three and five years time.
    Wrexham have been a top half league club for ten years if you go on fan base but it hasn't helped them much.

Quote Originally Posted by PedroTheFisherman66 View Post
    I think I prefer our owners current approach bearing in mind we've already tried the model that Cheat field are on...! Although we all loved the Munro train at the time it seriously came back to bite us on our arse...!
    No argument from me on that I prefer our approach but if we got an insurance windfall and improved the squad with it and worked out how to manipulate furlough to our advantage I would not complain.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123