+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: furlough field !

furlough field !

It seems after our first defeat of the season with a defence ravaged by injury ( including the keeper) that we have gone down in a lot of people estimation and some have spoken highly of Furlough Fc and their will to win and their will to invest in big time players whilst demeaning our efforts in these departments. I would just like to point out that they have played the Bottom Four and the highest placed team they have played against is 10th placed Bromley where they could only muster a 2-2 draw at Home.
    So basically they are Neck and Neck with us yet we are doomed to ROT in the Banarama and they are headed for Fields of Gold by some ,
    Yes one win better off but then again they haven't been away to Rectum as yet ! I suppose its all about perspective ....

Please don't come on here spouting logic and reason, absolutely shameful! 😂

Also worth noting that the goal scoring record of Kobongo Tshiminga or whatever he is called. He scores for fun in this division against the poor teams but fails against the big ones. Hence he's scored a lot of goals. They also failed to beat Torquay at home. Not withstanding Notts have been poor of late there is no hiding that. I will be interested to see what happens to them once the insurance money runs out if they don't go up as their current squad is unsustainable at this level with a budget only likely to last a year or two.

Oi wash your mouths out I've got them to win the league at 10s.

He maybe a bit of a **** and a bad loser but Rowe seems to have something about him and his record to date there is very impressive.

Chesterfield have had as easy a start as you could hope for. Half of their games have been against the bottom four (as is) and they've not played anybody currently higher than 10th. They have made it count though and maybe it will give them the confidence to push on and last the course. I still think Wrexham, Grimsby and Daggers will make up the top 3.

5 of Stockport''s 8 games have been against the top 7 so they are probably in a false position and will be in the mix as well.
    Last edited by upthemaggies; 27-09-2021 at 08:37 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by upthemaggies View Post
    Chesterfield have had as easy a start as you could hope for. Half of their games have been against the bottom four (as is) and they've not played anybody currently higher than 10th. They have made it count though and maybe it will give them the confidence to push on and last the course. I still think Wrexham, Grimsby and Daggers will make up the top 3.

5 of Stockport''s 8 games have been against the top 7 so they are probably in a false position and will be in the mix as well.
    I don't think they've made it count anymore than we have especially considering our injury list and the money they have spent.

Some interesting posts. Every team will have a drop in performance at some point during the season, Chesterfields will come as will Grimsby's and Daggers. As UTM has said Stockport have had a horrid set of fixtures to start with but the win over Wrexham at the weekend will really give them some confidence.

Grimsby looked a concern but Maidenhead managed to get a draw out of them albeit at home but does show how up and down games can be in this league.

As for Rowe, he's really not good at building relationships, this could be Chesterfields downfall if they hit a dodgy run. I was told this by one of his former employers!

I certainly don't think we should be disillusioned with our start to the season, or our squad. Won 4 Drawn 3 Lost 1 is a good start overall.

The criticism at this stage - and it should be constructive - is that we can probably do even better and have dropped a few points we shouldn't because at times our play hasn't been as dynamic as we're capable of. Losing to a team such as Altrincham obviously attracts more criticism than if we had lost to Wrexham.

Hopefully the manager can see what needs to improve, iron out those weaknesses and keep us in close touch with the pace setters over the next eight games.

Quote Originally Posted by jackal2 View Post
    I certainly don't think we should be disillusioned with our start to the season, or our squad. Won 4 Drawn 3 Lost 1 is a good start overall.

The criticism at this stage - and it should be constructive - is that we can probably do even better and have dropped a few points we shouldn't because at times our play hasn't been as dynamic as we're capable of. Losing to a team such as Altrincham obviously attracts more criticism than if we had lost to Wrexham.

Hopefully the manager can see what needs to improve, iron out those weaknesses and keep us in close touch with the pace setters over the next eight games.
    Have to agree with most of this. The defeat at Altrincham was disappointing only in that we had chances to at least draw the game and didn’t take them.

The defeat was more about our attacking play rather than untried loaners at the back. However, I really believe that had any two out of our three injured CBs been fit to play we wouldn’t have lost this game, mainly because in Cameron and Lacey you have defenders that add a different dimension to our attacking play and even Rawlo if fit would have been a threat at corners and set pieces.

You can’t ignore the fact that missing three or four key players does actually weaken you, but not always in the areas you might expect.

Quote Originally Posted by queenslandpie View Post
    Also worth noting that the goal scoring record of Kobongo Tshiminga or whatever he is called. He scores for fun in this division against the poor teams but fails against the big ones. Hence he's scored a lot of goals. They also failed to beat Torquay at home. Not withstanding Notts have been poor of late there is no hiding that. I will be interested to see what happens to them once the insurance money runs out if they don't go up as their current squad is unsustainable at this level with a budget only likely to last a year or two.
    Also worth noting that a good portion of Tshimanga's goals are penalties. I think he's scored three already this season. Take those away and he's got one more than Wootton. It was the same last season at Boreham Wood. That said, he'd clearly a cracking player at this level, and I would have loved for Notts to have signed him.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast