+ Visit Carlisle United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Beech's replacement?

Beech's replacement?

Absolutely not Skelton thanks, the common denominator for our last two glorious managers.

Michael Bridges always gets a mention doesn't l he? Although in my book, that's akin to playing Russian roulette.

For me there's a clear candidate - Peter Murphy.

He's done an amazing job with Annan, he's a club legend and he obviously knows what it takes to be successful and to fail in tier four.

So Murph, with an experienced assistant, would be my current choice.

Are Carlisle like an airliner that has a bomb on board, it explodes, and the passengers falling to earth, keep trying to put it back together before it hits the ground?

Is it as hopeless as that?

Of course not.

Its more like a broken down panzer, with no spare parts, and the rooskies over the hill. The problem with a new manager, or player, is that they will have to move to Carlisle.

Do you live in Cambridge, Frank? No? Managers live where they like Frank.

I know I’m not really allowed to have an opinion on here but Beech was awful as manager at Rochdale, albeit on a caretaker basis. He’s much better as an assistant.

I was staggered when I realised Norman had been signed by you when Beech would surely have seen how bad he was when they worked together at Dale.

Anyway, how’s Clough getting on?

We’ve yet to see what Clough’s made of because under Beech the ball get lumped upfield all the time and that’s not playing to his strengths. To be fair, it doesn’t play to the strengths of any of our forwards which is why we’re struggling. You’re also right about Norman, his positioning and command of his area are often diabolical.

Beech needs to prove his credentials quickly by showing that he has a plan B. He has tomorrow against Everton’s youngsters and Saturday against Forest Green to prove himself. I won’t hold my breath.

Surely he must, but he won't, field the team is has planned for Saturday. As for Peter Murphy, we need someone with experience at this level; a Sheridan.

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)