+ Visit Leeds United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 210111213 LastLast

Thread: Season so far

Quote Originally Posted by bathlad61 View Post
    Think the time is fast approaching for some of MB"s " undroppable " players to be given the hook, and three / four, possibly five U23s to be trusted, given sensible game time and really see what they are made of.
    Team looks flat, stale, urgently needs some energy & youthful commitment / passion. Sure mistakes will be made, but something has to change. Playing 2 up front would be good, but also very unlikely.
    Somewhere i remember someone saying " you"ll never win anything with kids "!!
    Chitty had a 19yo academy graduate score in the champions league tonight.
    We play ours out of necessity only.

Citeh does not have Roberts.

Quote Originally Posted by Monaco_Totty View Post
    Monies tight to buy elusive quality players Oz as you know or should know & not sure all quality players available would fit our system alongside the 'family club ethos' Rad's requires from such talented players.

Oh,plus the other issues in requiring quality players aka the account balance sheet.

Last one published needs attention still in case you forget.

In it Leeds posted an overall loss of £62 million during the campaign, with total administration costs for the club running to a huge £108 million.

The wage bill was £78 million, while they handed out £20 million in promotion bonuses.

Turnover at Elland Road did leap to £54 million, from £48 million the year prior. This was projected to hit £56 million before the impact of the COVID-19 pandemic.

Elsewhere, the accounts confirmed the £23 million investment from 49ers Enterprises, which is the investment arm of the San Francisco 49ers.

Leeds also took out £43 million in loan funding after the end of the accounting period.

Also of note was their increased commercial revenue, which was boosted by £15 million of merchandise sales.

There was also a rebate of £7 million paid out to broadcasters.

So not sure we're going to sign Harry Kane in Jan just yet - steady as we go mate policy wise l thinks.
    I won't start by telling you what dross we wasted money on and a fair chunk is there for all to see. Looks 15 mil Costa ain't doing so good in Spain I suspect he will be back in MBs plans very shortly.
    It's ok we will sell our 4 top players clear the decks' new manager playing the under 23s we can feed the rest of the comp.
    Football is brutal now the days where you can slowly grow are gone each competition in Europe has a few challenges each season. In Greece basically one Olympiacos Scotland 2 Celtic or rangers England 4 Man u City Chelsea Pool Spain Barca Real so on. The rest of the teams are basically feeder clubs.
    I actually miss the Championship it is more dingy dire Local football.

Quote Originally Posted by Billyni View Post
    Don't know if you looked lately but the Lads are going backwards. Lost 3 on the trot and 3rd last on the ladder
    It's ok though I hear Costa is on his way back lol

Quote Originally Posted by ozleeds View Post
    Don't know if you looked lately but the Lads are going backwards. Lost 3 on the trot and 3rd last on the ladder
    It's ok though I hear Costa is on his way back lol
    We have 6 first team players out and have been hampered by dodgy decisions (pens and red cards) - we would always struggle with 3 of our best 5 players out Including the most critical in KP.

At 4 nil up my Gran could have come off the bench for injury-prone Kevin de Bruyne after 65 mins against Club Bruges and after discarding her surgical stocking she'd have scored plus she'd have done a damn sight better goal celebration after netting probably mimicking Feargal Sharkey singing My Perfect Cousin Kevin,using the corner flag as a 'prop' microphone playing to the fans Billy.

My 2.5 hours per day daily screen-time is now up so 'Have a nice day all'

Quote Originally Posted by Monaco_Totty View Post
    At 4 nil up my Gran could have come off the bench for injury-prone Kevin de Bruyne after 65 mins against Club Bruges and after discarding her surgical stocking she'd have scored plus she'd have done a damn sight better goal celebration after netting probably mimicking Feargal Sharkey singing My Perfect Cousin Kevin,using the corner flag as a 'prop' microphone playing to the fans Billy.

My 2.5 hours per day daily screen-time is now up so 'Have a nice day all'
    You wanna get her in the team v wolves then.

I suspect City could carry a player with their legs tied together and a blindfold on when they are at their best.

Citeh were 3 up when they put him on, against a team comparable to a championship side. Their u21's have been at the top table for years, a luxury we don't get yet/

1. Only 9 games played so far in the premiership, and really not a huge lot has taken shape quite yet. This time last season, Sh1tty were not in the top 10 but went on to win league, so much can happen. 2. What is fairly certain, is that Norwich will go down. They are poor. 3. I think Man Utd will not make the top 4 this season. 4. Derby county will be relegated to League 1. 5. Bournemouth under Scot Parker will be promoted. 6. Championship is really interesting as 5th to 11th all sit on 21 pts after 14 games. 7. Leeds will go into the transfer market in the January window. This is out of necessity. There have been too many injuries. 8. Bielsa has been looking for a Carlos Tevez type player for a couple of seasons now. Someone who can carry the ball straightforward at defence opening up the defence for others. Interest in Rodrigo from Udinese and Cuissance, both are that sort of players. Maybe Gelhardt is that player? Thats exactly what he did against wolves. I am sure he was instructed to do it. 9. Loss to Arsenal was disappointing because we fielded a good team. 10. What has happened to Sam Greenwood?

Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 210111213 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)