+ Visit Leeds United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3111213

Thread: Season so far

The Tyler Roberts experiment is still not working.

Cooper still has a costly mistake in him every match.

Sunday's game is a must win.

Quote Originally Posted by Rev72 View Post

Thought Tyler was okay last night - yes he fluffed the chance but everything else was solid.

Hope Forshaw starts against the canaries too.

Quote Originally Posted by Rev72 View Post

100% correct.

Roberts has consistently fluffed his chances, made bad decisions, passed into touch, lost posession or just contributed naff all - I'm never even sure I know what position he is supposed to be playing in...others [Klitch] lose form - but have contributed considerably over the seasons, Roberts has never shown any - other than brief glimpses.

Cooper is always likely to just **** up, or give away a penalty [He is involved in a wrestling match at every set piece against us] though he has been a good and loyal player for us - that was before we got to the premier league where his limitations are sadly there to be seen most weeks - don't get me wrong, he always gives 100% but is now just not good enough.

Neither are as good as replacements we already have from the under 23's who's potential needs to be unleashed!

Quote Originally Posted by Tichi1 View Post
    100% correct.

Roberts has consistently fluffed his chances, made bad decisions, passed into touch, lost posession or just contributed naff all - I'm never even sure I know what position he is supposed to be playing in...others [Klitch] lose form - but have contributed considerably over the seasons, Roberts has never shown any - other than brief glimpses.

Cooper is always likely to just **** up, or give away a penalty [He is involved in a wrestling match at every set piece against us] though he has been a good and loyal player for us - that was before we got to the premier league where his limitations are sadly there to be seen most weeks - don't get me wrong, he always gives 100% but is now just not good enough.

Neither are as good as replacements we already have from the under 23's who's potential needs to be unleashed!
    The interesting Roberts replacements would be Greenwood and Joffy and possibly Bate (not sure he will see time this season).

Agree on Cooper - he must be close to 5th choice when everyone is fit.

Forshaw and Shackleton seem the most obvious midfield partners for KP but Indont think MB is likely to see it that way.

It was scary once Forshaw went off how big the literal gap of wide open space was in midfield on Tuesday and that has at times been a problem all season.

Need players with good midfield positional sense otherwise we get overrun when we inevitably lose the ball.

Quote Originally Posted by hopelesslyoptimistic View Post
    Thought Tyler was okay last night - yes he fluffed the chance but everything else was solid.

Hope Forshaw starts against the canaries too.
    Roberts looks ok till he gets anywhere near the goal or is in a position to create a chance but it is nothing more than that

What bothers me is it isn't him personally or his effort or attitude I just don't think he has the brain or skill level to play that crucial role. To me he also doesn't look any better than the player that was getting hooked at half time every game for Pablo in our promotion run in where Pablo would come on and change the game everytime.

Roberts also isn't the only issue but he best reprents our lack of investment in a key area

Quote Originally Posted by hopelesslyoptimistic View Post
    The interesting Roberts replacements would be Greenwood and Joffy and possibly Bate (not sure he will see time this season).

Agree on Cooper - he must be close to 5th choice when everyone is fit.

Forshaw and Shackleton seem the most obvious midfield partners for KP but Indont think MB is likely to see it that way.

It was scary once Forshaw went off how big the literal gap of wide open space was in midfield on Tuesday and that has at times been a problem all season.

Need players with good midfield positional sense otherwise we get overrun when we inevitably lose the ball.
    I think Foreshaw showed in his cameo today and 45 against Arsenal that if fit, he is exactly what we need - a player other than Philips who can break it up and play a simple FORWARD pass to a team mate - which is what we have been lacking all season. He looked assured and in control, he intercepted passes and tackled right bang in the middle of the park - when he wasn't on the pitch defenders simply strode forward into the midfield chasm!

Quote Originally Posted by Tichi1 View Post
    I think Foreshaw showed in his cameo today and 45 against Arsenal that if fit, he is exactly what we need - a player other than Philips who can break it up and play a simple FORWARD pass to a team mate - which is what we have been lacking all season. He looked assured and in control, he intercepted passes and tackled right bang in the middle of the park - when he wasn't on the pitch defenders simply strode forward into the midfield chasm!
    Agreed - he knows what positions to take up and when to hold and when to go. Would like to see him and Shacks in the middle with KP and Drameh at RB.

A reliably fit and routinely available Forshaw would be a huge asset.

Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3111213

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)