+ Visit Leeds United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Season so far

Quote Originally Posted by spaldy View Post
    Joel,

can't really disagree with anything you said. I'd be a little harsher on Cooper, Dallas, Klich and Ayling. They aren't good enough anymore for the prem. Bamford may be toast as well. Roberts shouldn't be on the pitch. I guess we'll wait until we officially relegated to start playing the pups who look very, very good when they get a chance. We have some tremendous talent in the U-23's.

I also think we could be in a relegation battle all the way and it's going to be really tense. If MB flames out and quits mid season not sure who we'll have step in. Likely some retread like big sam and then we'll be championship bound.
    Dallas the only other person more crucified than him was Jesus. Was always a Winger yet MB plays him But. Always looks for wingers and possibly our most valued player doesn't have a crack. The guy is completely Knackered. Please give me another Ayling to replace the legend of Firpo.

Quote Originally Posted by Rev72 View Post
    Watford (H) Southampton (A) Wolves (H) Norwich (H) Fixtures for October.

Must be 7 points out of that lot at least.

Concerned but keeping the faith (just).

MOT
    3 games at home against bottom teams struggling like us surely we should be looking for maximum points all those games and a draw with south. We will probably lose all our home games and beat south.

Actually it's Norwich away, we should be getting 9 points from that, but I fear more draws on the way

Quote Originally Posted by norfolk white View Post
    Actually it's Norwich away, we should be getting 9 points from that, but I fear more draws on the way
    Honestly if we cant beat even one of those teams we will deserve to go back to our much loved division.

All in all our season can be described with 2 points.
    1 we can't score and 2 we cop heaps.

Played much better in the last 3 games. Watford fire manager, Xisco Munoz. Losing to Leeds had real consequence. Makes me think that administration had genuine expectations to get something out of match against Leeds. It does make me wonder how much owners, administrators know about football. Their thinking must have been that Leeds are struggling with injuries and suspensions so we have a real chance of at least getting a point. Disappointment turned to action against the manager. No consideration of the fact that Leeds play a pressing man to man marking game that can be hard to break down. Watford were poor but that was mostly because they didn't know how to play. And they still only lost by the odd goal. And they have more points than 6 clubs in the League. And they still fired the manager. 7 games in.

Craziness but that is football.

Been some real positives this season amongst the tension.

Shackleton getting the run we hoped he might even if through injuries.

Signs the u23 players are as good as the hype - Cresswell especially.

Dan James

Firpo and even Robert’s getting better (even if slowly).

ER packed is like having an extra man.

There are a lot of teams considerably worse than us so we should be safe.

We have started to find the energy we showed last year and play with speed abs passion whether pressing or with the ball.

The teams around us will also struggle against Liverpool Man U and Everton.

West Ham are a much more established team than us in the prem and whilst they result went their way we could and should have got at least a point out of the game.

MOT

Bloody Brentford turned the spammers over 2-1 today hopey can you feckin believe that

Quote Originally Posted by cherrypie7 View Post
    Played much better in the last 3 games. Watford fire manager, Xisco Munoz. Losing to Leeds had real consequence. Makes me think that administration had genuine expectations to get something out of match against Leeds. It does make me wonder how much owners, administrators know about football. Their thinking must have been that Leeds are struggling with injuries and suspensions so we have a real chance of at least getting a point. Disappointment turned to action against the manager. No consideration of the fact that Leeds play a pressing man to man marking game that can be hard to break down. Watford were poor but that was mostly because they didn't know how to play. And they still only lost by the odd goal. And they have more points than 6 clubs in the League. And they still fired the manager. 7 games in.
    Got a habit for firing managers though that lot cherry but must say I am surprised at this one after so few games.

Quote Originally Posted by Rev72 View Post
    Bloody Brentford turned the spammers over 2-1 today hopey can you feckin believe that
    Saw that Rev - they do seem to be able to put chances away better than us but still look forward to us doing the double over them 😎

Hopefully we get a bounce from the Watford result and start finishing off teams to calm our nerves.

Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)