+ Visit Leeds United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Season so far

Season so far

Tried to keep away from her for a while as I knew our form would make this place ****ing toxic and not worth reading.

It wasn't until Newcastle that I was really concerned about where we are going this year and West Ham game just solidified that. I never expected us to beat West Ham, I'd have taken a 1-1 draw at kick off, they're a great team with good players.

It was the utter ****show and manner in which we gifted them goals (as we have done all season), the fact that Harrison and Roberts came on and we lost all our attacking force and watching Firpo run round like a headless chicken.

It has become far too easy to pull us around, make gaping holes in our team and pick us apart. Seeing how much space Bowen got at left back for their (albeit foruitious) first goal was embarassing. But lets be honest, we owe Meslier a huge debt for us not having conceeded 3/4 by that point already as has been the case in every game this season.

I get we have defenders missing but that isn't the issue, having no ****ing midfield is the issue. I said this at the start of the season, all teh way through the transfer window and am still saying it now. That midfield is an embarrasment in this league, you take Phillips out we'd go down, it isn't even a question.

We are now seeing the likes of Dallas, Ayling, Cooper, Klich etc all past their peak in terms of ability, excellent players but particularly Dallas has looked a shadow of himself this year.

****ING FORSHAW what imbecile thought it was a good idea to gamble our midfield on player who was out for 18 months and had a history of bloody injuries anyway in what has to be the toughest fitness and training set up in the country? I love Forshaw but a) he isn't that great, he is a good solid player who I'm happy to have but nothing more and b) his legs are made out of ****ing hobnob biscuits.

I think we will stay up, I've seen enough that attacking wise we will pick up wins particularly against lower half teams but as Newcastle showed all you need is one quick player and it makes us look like a joke at the back. The way Saint-Maximin single handedly made Ayling and Cooper look like absolute mugs for 90 mins was embarrasing.

It is just a bit galling that we didn't strengthen this squad to the level we should have and the one player we did bring in looks like a fish out of water in this system even after 6 games, I think Firpo has the quality but he just doesn't look confident in what he is doing as proven by the fact he was standing by himself at centre back when Bowen was in his spot at left back about to score.

Anyway, still love Bielsa, still think we are going the right direction but concerned beyond belief that this season is just going to be horrific. What bothers me more is I thought we'd kinda stopped this nonsense last year towards the end and we seem to have reverted back to it. It is more worrying that a bad season and we definitely lose one of Raphinha/Phillips/Meslier , we need to show we are progressing to make these players want to stay otherwise you get relegated or become one of these lower mid table time wasting plodders for 30 years.

Forgot to add this:

No doubting these players efforts either, watching Cresswell clatter Antonio for two back to back headers was glorious.

I just worry that some of these players no matter their effort will find this standard beyond them now, that first season bounce of quality seems to have disappeared.

Also, someone pray for Raphinhas legs.

Think this season will be a battle, just need that first win to settle nerves & get things moving.
    Last year was immense, and several players, played above and beyond, always difficult to reproduce the next season.
    Dallas, Ayling, Klich, age & injuries will start to have an effect, Bamford, Harrison yet to get going. Sadly & frustratingly this highlights squad size and transfer activity.

Quote Originally Posted by bathlad61 View Post
    Think this season will be a battle, just need that first win to settle nerves & get things moving.
    Last year was immense, and several players, played above and beyond, always difficult to reproduce the next season.
    Dallas, Ayling, Klich, age & injuries will start to have an effect, Bamford, Harrison yet to get going. Sadly & frustratingly this highlights squad size and transfer activity.
    Showed signs in the last three games of improvement but still need to kick on and start winning games.

Next four games all winnable - if we are still winless after those than I will start to worry.

might be more interesting to be involved in a relegation battle, than mid table mediocracy, so far as we dont go down of course!

Quote Originally Posted by asturianblanco View Post
    might be more interesting to be involved in a relegation battle, than mid table mediocracy, so far as we dont go down of course!
    I'd take mid-table mediocrity for a season given that a relegation battle by its very nature is never going to deliver a certainty of survival, and if we were to go down then bye bye to Bielsa, Phillips, Raphina, Meslier and in all likelihood some if the emerging youth players who both PL and more ambitious Championship sides would be looking at.

Quote Originally Posted by joellufcprice View Post
    Tried to keep away from her for a while as I knew our form would make this place ****ing toxic and not worth reading.

It wasn't until Newcastle that I was really concerned about where we are going this year and West Ham game just solidified that. I never expected us to beat West Ham, I'd have taken a 1-1 draw at kick off, they're a great team with good players.

It was the utter ****show and manner in which we gifted them goals (as we have done all season), the fact that Harrison and Roberts came on and we lost all our attacking force and watching Firpo run round like a headless chicken.

It has become far too easy to pull us around, make gaping holes in our team and pick us apart. Seeing how much space Bowen got at left back for their (albeit foruitious) first goal was embarassing. But lets be honest, we owe Meslier a huge debt for us not having conceeded 3/4 by that point already as has been the case in every game this season.

I get we have defenders missing but that isn't the issue, having no ****ing midfield is the issue. I said this at the start of the season, all teh way through the transfer window and am still saying it now. That midfield is an embarrasment in this league, you take Phillips out we'd go down, it isn't even a question.

We are now seeing the likes of Dallas, Ayling, Cooper, Klich etc all past their peak in terms of ability, excellent players but particularly Dallas has looked a shadow of himself this year.

****ING FORSHAW what imbecile thought it was a good idea to gamble our midfield on player who was out for 18 months and had a history of bloody injuries anyway in what has to be the toughest fitness and training set up in the country? I love Forshaw but a) he isn't that great, he is a good solid player who I'm happy to have but nothing more and b) his legs are made out of ****ing hobnob biscuits.

I think we will stay up, I've seen enough that attacking wise we will pick up wins particularly against lower half teams but as Newcastle showed all you need is one quick player and it makes us look like a joke at the back. The way Saint-Maximin single handedly made Ayling and Cooper look like absolute mugs for 90 mins was embarrasing.

It is just a bit galling that we didn't strengthen this squad to the level we should have and the one player we did bring in looks like a fish out of water in this system even after 6 games, I think Firpo has the quality but he just doesn't look confident in what he is doing as proven by the fact he was standing by himself at centre back when Bowen was in his spot at left back about to score.

Anyway, still love Bielsa, still think we are going the right direction but concerned beyond belief that this season is just going to be horrific. What bothers me more is I thought we'd kinda stopped this nonsense last year towards the end and we seem to have reverted back to it. It is more worrying that a bad season and we definitely lose one of Raphinha/Phillips/Meslier , we need to show we are progressing to make these players want to stay otherwise you get relegated or become one of these lower mid table time wasting plodders for 30 years.
    You say you still love Bielsa but earlier in the post you ask which imbecile decided to use Forshaw. You think it was anyone BUT Bielsa?

Joel,

can't really disagree with anything you said. I'd be a little harsher on Cooper, Dallas, Klich and Ayling. They aren't good enough anymore for the prem. Bamford may be toast as well. Roberts shouldn't be on the pitch. I guess we'll wait until we officially relegated to start playing the pups who look very, very good when they get a chance. We have some tremendous talent in the U-23's.

I also think we could be in a relegation battle all the way and it's going to be really tense. If MB flames out and quits mid season not sure who we'll have step in. Likely some retread like big sam and then we'll be championship bound.

Anyone seen the clips of Bogusz - only Spanish League 2 but tearing it up and scored another screamer at the weekend.

We had enough chances against Newcastle and West Ham to kill the game but didn’t - need to find a way of scoring as hard to keep clean sheets in the prem.

Injuries haven’t helped but I hope we can find a settled side that remains injury free for a good 20 games.

Watford (H) Southampton (A) Wolves (H) Norwich (H) Fixtures for October.

Must be 7 points out of that lot at least.

Concerned but keeping the faith (just).

MOT

Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)