+ Visit Leeds United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Season so far

Season so far ?

Hope we've learned lessons.

No doubts Bielsa has seen recordings of how Southampton’s high pressing game ability was able to restrict Manchester City earlier this season.Think Hasenhüttle will use same ploy against us that left Pep Guardiola bemused for solutions to break them down.

After the match Pep stated that they had struggled with build-up and that it was not precise, so not good enough on the day adding City had lost more balls than usual passing.

His final analysis was that City had the feeling they weren’t comfortable taking the ball and couldn't make contact with people upfront, but that they'd had chances not taken so a draw was a fair result.

Sounds like the job Liverpool did on us at ER - hope we've learned that lesson.

Quote Originally Posted by ozleeds View Post
    It's unreal most cheer when an English owner goes under yet the clubs are overrun by foreign owners and foreign players what is so English about the English premier league.
    At least in oz, all our clubs except one are owned by foreigners Could be the fact our leagues are crap, either way, I can call Australia Home

Kinda true most cheers when the owner goes, but not just UK owners. Sport has changed ozl … just like the world.

Tempora mutantur et homines et cum illis

Careful when you talk about home mate, you’ll be talking mandarin soon it ya don’t watch it

Quote Originally Posted by george_kaplan View Post
    kinda true most cheers when the owner goes, but not just uk owners. Sport has changed ozl … just like the world.

Tempora mutantur et homines et cum illis ;d

careful when you talk about home mate, you’ll be talking mandarin soon it ya don’t watch it
    我知道世界已经疯了

Quote Originally Posted by ozleeds View Post
    我知道世界已经疯了

That’s all Greek to me mate

Anyway the season is going to pick up football wise, weather wise we had the first dumping of snow in the local mountains…..the skiers are creaming already!! S’long as it stays in the damn mountains.

Quote Originally Posted by Monaco_Totty View Post
    Season so far ?

Hope we've learned lessons.

No doubts Bielsa has seen recordings of how Southampton’s high pressing game ability was able to restrict Manchester City earlier this season.Think Hasenhüttle will use same ploy against us that left Pep Guardiola bemused for solutions to break them down.

After the match Pep stated that they had struggled with build-up and that it was not precise, so not good enough on the day adding City had lost more balls than usual passing.

His final analysis was that City had the feeling they weren’t comfortable taking the ball and couldn't make contact with people upfront, but that they'd had chances not taken so a draw was a fair result.

Sounds like the job Liverpool did on us at ER - hope we've learned that lesson.
    Reading all Match thread comments - as I feared pre-game not enough in our engine components.Not surprised at the Bielsa assessment [below] as we've not enough key components to break a well formulated Saints system.Appears their left-back Perraud who we 'declined' from Brest quelled our wide threat.Disappointing.

"It was difficult for us to recover the ball in the opponents' half which is an element that helps us, it was difficult for us to recover the ball when the opponent made the first half from their half to our half, which is also a way to find the opponent out of position, which facilitates the attack," he said.

"Their attacks always finished in our box.

"For that reason our play always started from pretty far back.

"We had chances to facilitate our playing out, Tyler and Rodrigo had opportunities to receive the ball but we went wide too much, we didn't manage to get the ball to them from Meslier, Pascal or Klich so the ball always came out wide from our defence and from there it is difficult to make passes to make our attacks simpler.

"This explanation is very theoretical but it's what I saw."

https://www.yorkshireeveningpost.co....f-time-3422068

Quote Originally Posted by Monaco_Totty View Post
    Reading all Match thread comments - as I feared pre-game not enough in our engine components.Not surprised at the Bielsa assessment [below] as we've not enough key components to break a well formulated Saints system.Appears their left-back Perraud who we 'declined' from Brest quelled our wide threat.Disappointing.

"It was difficult for us to recover the ball in the opponents' half which is an element that helps us, it was difficult for us to recover the ball when the opponent made the first half from their half to our half, which is also a way to find the opponent out of position, which facilitates the attack," he said.

"Their attacks always finished in our box.

"For that reason our play always started from pretty far back.

"We had chances to facilitate our playing out, Tyler and Rodrigo had opportunities to receive the ball but we went wide too much, we didn't manage to get the ball to them from Meslier, Pascal or Klich so the ball always came out wide from our defence and from there it is difficult to make passes to make our attacks simpler.

"This explanation is very theoretical but it's what I saw."

https://www.yorkshireeveningpost.co....f-time-3422068
    Pile of hyperbolic tripe of the highest order (again, no comment on the actual performance as none is required). Man needs to speak English and use English idioms, stop f00king about when he knows full well what English is being spoken and equally well how to reply, just doesn't want to and uses the language "barrier" as a defence against criticism, just like Pichetino did until he realised it was counterproductive, which is what it is at Leeds. End of

The man who takes our shighte middle of the road championship side to promotion and follows it up with a top half prem finish needs to " use English idioms" Utter Bollox. You are a buffoon my friend.

We were cr@p yesterday, if we are in the bottom 3 at xmas we can start to worry, though i for one, am not fussed about Prem football, the pantomime , the fake fans etc, not fussed for mid table mediocracy either, a relegation dogfight might be more entertaining!

Quote Originally Posted by asturianblanco View Post
    The man who takes our shighte middle of the road championship side to promotion and follows it up with a top half prem finish needs to " use English idioms" Utter Bollox. You are a buffoon my friend.

We were cr@p yesterday, if we are in the bottom 3 at xmas we can start to worry, though i for one, am not fussed about Prem football, the pantomime , the fake fans etc, not fussed for mid table mediocracy either, a relegation dogfight might be more entertaining!
    Doesn't take long for insults to spring forth does it?

You think for one moment that Bielsa doesn't understand every word spoken to him in English? The lingua franca of business (and football IS a business) is English, his contract will be within the context of English contract law, written in English. His meetings with the executive team at ER will be in English (you think our board have all learned Portuguese (or that "interpretations" like the one in post #75 would be acceptable in such meetings)?), he lives and works in England, amongst a predominantly English-speaking workforce and even those who aren't English or have English as a first language have taken the trouble to LEARN ENGLISH. If that earlier example (post #75) is representative of how he communicates with the players, then yesterdays shambolic performance is entirely understandable (my one and only comment on direct footballing matters).

As I said, Pochetino laboured under the misapprehension that not speaking english (to internal and external audiences) was somehow an advantage, it wasn't, and it isn't. He was a more effective manager once he mastered enough English to communicate effectively, doing better at Spurs than he ever did at Southampton.

For Bielsa it's no longer "quaint" or idiosyncratic. I'm not going to comment on any details of performance, but we clearly face an uphill struggle even when the injuries aren't so critical (hopefully soon), and ANY obstacle to making things better needs to be removed and I would respectfully suggest that language barriers are one of the easiest to get rid of.

Quote Originally Posted by wtf11 View Post
    doesn't take long for insults to spring forth does it?

You think for one moment that bielsa doesn't understand every word spoken to him in english? The lingua franca of business (and football is a business) is english, his contract will be within the context of english contract law, written in english. His meetings with the executive team at er will be in english (you think our board have all learned portuguese (or that "interpretations" like the one in post #75 would be acceptable in such meetings)?), he lives and works in england, amongst a predominantly english-speaking workforce and even those who aren't english or have english as a first language have taken the trouble to learn english. If that earlier example (post #75) is representative of how he communicates with the players, then yesterdays shambolic performance is entirely understandable (my one and only comment on direct footballing matters).

As i said, pochetino laboured under the misapprehension that not speaking english (to internal and external audiences) was somehow an advantage, it wasn't, and it isn't. He was a more effective manager once he mastered enough english to communicate effectively, doing better at spurs than he ever did at southampton.

For bielsa it's no longer "quaint" or idiosyncratic. I'm not going to comment on any details of performance, but we clearly face an uphill struggle even when the injuries aren't so critical (hopefully soon), and any obstacle to making things better needs to be removed and i would respectfully suggest that language barriers are one of the easiest to get rid of.

tool.

Our games against Soton are always dire we seem to be polar opposites in style.

We are without Phillips, Bamford, Rapha, Ayling and Koch - all of whom are in the better half of our quality players and two of whom are by far our best players.

We were always going to do badly in that game.

If we had lost like that with those players playing then I would have worried.

10 games in should be a reasonable sample to judge things better but I hope some of those mentioned are back by Wolves game.

Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)