+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Talking Points

Spent the last couple of months darn sarth and hardly anybody wore masks on ay kind of public transport including my wife and I.

Quote Originally Posted by alfinyalcabo View Post
    Spent the last couple of months darn sarth and hardly anybody wore masks on ay kind of public transport including my wife and I.
    you must think of others....Alf, especially the unvaccinated, I mean, you wouldn't want to spread some nasty evil DNA altering mutant strain amonngst the unspoilt, would you ?

Quote Originally Posted by sinkov View Post
    Jurgen Klopp is now pontificating on vaccines. I only needed to read two sentences to realise he's talking out of his backside, he's another halfwit who seems to think being vaccinated means you can't infect others. Stick to the football Jurgen.
    Just don’t get me started on the shell-suited one. I am not sure I like him even when he sticks to the football. Grinning like mad for the cameras whenever things are going well for the Scousers and giving it the big sulks when they don’t.

I used to like Klopp but now he whinges so much (especially when playing us) I've gone off him. His name makes me smile though, it reminds me of Allo, Allo and the bespectacled one giving his version of Heil Hitler, "Klopp!"

Last edited by kritichris; 08-10-2021 at 06:48 PM.

There is only one real talking point this week. Will national icons Ant & Dec w*nk themselves to death as their beloved Toon become the richest club on the planet? Never mind that the Chairman of the Public Investment Fund which now owns it lock, sock and oil barrel is a man widely believed to have ordered the kidnap, murder and butchering of a journalist who was an opponent of his regime. I am not going to take the moral high ground here. How would we react as Burnley fans if unimaginable riches were to be put into the clutching hands of BFC? I leave this to the Premier League and the players who have set themselves up as the moral guardians of the nation. Now they need to prove there is more substance to that than taking a knee all in the name of “eqwalidee”.

Quote Originally Posted by outwoodclaret View Post
    There is only one real talking point this week. Will national icons Ant & Dec w*nk themselves to death as their beloved Toon become the richest club on the planet? Never mind that the Chairman of the Public Investment Fund which now owns it lock, sock and oil barrel is a man widely believed to have ordered the kidnap, murder and butchering of a journalist who was an opponent of his regime. I am not going to take the moral high ground here. How would we react as Burnley fans if unimaginable riches were to be put into the clutching hands of BFC? I leave this to the Premier League and the players who have set themselves up as the moral guardians of the nation. Now they need to prove there is more substance to that than taking a knee all in the name of “eqwalidee”.
    I'll stop jeering at our knee-taking millionaires when they declare a refusal to play football in Qatar, a state that utilises slave labour and acquired the right to hold the WC through bribery and corruption. I suspect I'll have to keep jeering a for a while yet though.

Well there can only be one starting place this week. A new era dawns at St James’ Park and fans are out in force to welcome the new owners and witness the rebirth of the Tyneside giant. It does not all go to plan however as familiar failings see the Magpies fritter way an early lead to go down 2-3 to the visiting Spurs. Somethings do not change however. In his 1000th game in charge (a milestone almost wholly overshadowed by events) Steve Bruce cuts a forlorn and unloved figure on the touchline not even spared the chants of the crowd. The match commentators remind us yet again that the players are taking the knee to say no to racism but the thorny issue of human rights is -well- not to be discussed. The bitter cynic in me does oh so wonder why, and in my darkest and most bitter thoughts I hope that in the coming series of “I’m a Celebrity” Ant & Dec are forced to relocate the show to a New Castle where the contestants are tasked with searching through the ruined grounds to find something once beautiful but now grisly buried there. I worry how this great game is going and fear it may already be lost. I will as they say leave it there.
    Last edited by outwoodclaret; 18-10-2021 at 04:45 AM.

Which game is she watching..?

Attachment 20143

Are you talking to me or him?

That banner. Why is it even being investigated? Did it fail the Premier League’s stringent “equality test”. Pass the sick bucket, Alice and a tea towel while you are about it.

Let’s face it. 6 yellows and a red. If that was Burnley we would have been crucified by Sky Sports and Klopp.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)