+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Adam Armstrong- would he have benefited us ?

Adam Armstrong- would he have benefited us ?

Great goal tonight on the South Coast.Looks as if he knows where the goal is. Should we have gone in for him ? We obviously were aware of him down the road ,before his transfer. What was stopping us ?

I have watched him for Southampton (only from TV) and he didn't really impress me much Mal, I have not seen his goal tonight yet as I only viewed the 2nd half, apparently it was a stunner, but everyone scores a stunner now and again, even Vokes who I was not a fan of.

Quote Originally Posted by malwayne View Post
    What was stopping us ?
    Probably the fact that we had 4 strikers already anyway.

As of this evening, we now have Woods, Vydra an Cornet who have opened their accounts for this season. It is looking better now than two weeks ago. However, I do think that we should be looking to replace JayRod (a sentimental acquisition only) and Barnes. Another Cornet type will be great - pace and an eye for goal.

Quote Originally Posted by Swissclaret View Post
    As of this evening, we now have Woods, Vydra an Cornet who have opened their accounts for this season. It is looking better now than two weeks ago. However, I do think that we should be looking to replace JayRod (a sentimental acquisition only) and Barnes. Another Cornet type will be great - pace and an eye for goal.
    I think....as many, that the vast majority of the game we were played off the field, Cheesy had inumerable chances to finish it, was only a combination of poor finishing and some decent keeping that saved us....our goal coming from a short period where they dropped 4 gears and took a doze...So where's the positives, yes we took a point, but it wasn't because we were anything "special....that'd need a Complete transfomation, it'd mean us playing to advance rather than stagnate....and as there's plenty of other teams that think the same, its a play the odds game...with the Burnley/Dyche fixed pattern creating a slight advantage.

I think most people agree that there are leagues within the Premier League. The top league is the big six. There is a group of clubs like Everton who aspire to break into the top group. Then there are the clubs like Burnley who, typically, have to battle for and keep their PL status. We had one season where we ended up 7th. An incredible achievement.

We have to be realistic and accept that simply being in the PL is one heck of an achievement.

We will always face being played off the field by the top clubs. We are not the only ones that live with that.

To get a draw away at Chelsea is an great achievement, however we achieved it. Yes, Pope kept us in the game. Isn’t that what the goalkeeper is supposed to?

How often have we switched off and conceded. The fact that Chelsea did does not detract from an away point earned. Many teams in our league will go there and lose.

What was remarkable was we could and perhaps should, have nicked all three points by the final whistle.

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)