+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Home v Wimbledon Tuesday KO 7:45

Quote Originally Posted by Brin View Post

Fans moan, one especially, when Warne his criticised for his inept substitutions, well this is one where he deserves it!
    Definitely got this one wrong and it seems as though Bola was tactical rather than the injury presumption many of us had. Don't get that one either, losing Mattock already and then playing Wes awkwardly didn't seem to make much sense. Bola wasn't having a nightmare where you had to get him off. A full second half ahead, didn't need to do it.

Not sure if that line above is about me, I don't think it is, I'll always say when I think PW is wrong, and he can be.

Quote Originally Posted by Ericsladkilnhurst View Post
    Do we start Grigg & Ladapo together, holding Smith in reserve, to see how they play together.
    I ain't starting Freddie atm, takes far too long to do anything and looks like he is sulking a little. Feels like he has to do something amazing to show how good he is (moments are few and far between) so he becomes selfish. And my soul can't take another 6 yard out miss, it is infuriating. Smudge has to play.

Dunno if it makes sense to anyone else brin but it does to me. To me footy is a simple game play square pegs in square holesto give your side balance and play to your strengths and you are already half way there. Its not rocket science is it?

Quote Originally Posted by MillersTime View Post
    Definitely got this one wrong and it seems as though Bola was tactical rather than the injury presumption many of us had. Don't get that one either, losing Mattock already and then playing Wes awkwardly didn't seem to make much sense. Bola wasn't having a nightmare where you had to get him off. A full second half ahead, didn't need to do it.

Not sure if that line above is about me, I don't think it is, I'll always say when I think PW is wrong, and he can be.
    I didn’t have a problem with taking both them off but leaving Wiles on when clearly injured was stupid, some say Grigg was blowing out his arse, true or not I’m sure leaving him on just to see game out was better than risking Wiles.
    Surely the bench could see Wiles was struggling
    Anyway let’s hope it is just a dead leg

Personally I thought it was a foul on him but I’ve just gave up on officials

Harding for example is a good player. His strongest position is right back. He is a very good right back prob one of the best in the division. Not saying he cant.do a job on the left side inan emergency buthat is all it should be. The danger in playing him out of position has been highlighted recently at home in games against the pigs, fleetwood and crewe where he has been caught on his wrong foot and it has lead to goals for the opposition. This is bad enough.for the team but also for him personally. It doesnt take long for the boo boys to get on his back as you will well know and even if he is in his favoured right side any errors will be picked upon. What will that do for his confidence? Remember we are talking about a good player here. We had the same prob with wiles last year being played out of position and getting stick from the crowd. Warne always talks about the importance of psychology in footy yet he sometimes sets up players to fail by playing them in the wrong position and exposing them to stick. I am not anti warne nor do i want to get shut if him but i just wish he would learn from his mistakes.

Quote Originally Posted by Ericsladkilnhurst View Post
    Do we start Grigg & Ladapo together, holding Smith in reserve, to see how they play together.
    ELK, go and take a tablet and lie down pal. Play Ladapo after that piss per performance, you've got to be kidding. He'll have to score a hat trick to get back into some folks good books. He just doesn't look like he wants to play for us anymore.
    Last edited by Brin; 27-09-2021 at 04:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by MillersTime View Post

No fella it isn't, it relates to one postee who hangs on everything Warne and you must not criticise him or he'll pull you up for it.

Bola was taken off cause he was lacking to put it mildly. If we go back to 4 at the back we still need 3 in midfield so would only be 1 up front. If he's fit I'd play Wiles at left back. Going
    Victor
    Edmunds Green Ihiekwe Odoffin Wiles
    Ogbene Rathbone Lindsay Barlaser Ferguson
    Smith

Quote Originally Posted by gru View Post
    Bola was taken off cause he was lacking to put it mildly. If we go back to 4 at the back we still need 3 in midfield so would only be 1 up front. If he's fit I'd play Wiles at left back. Going
    Victor
    Edmunds Green Ihiekwe Odoffin Wiles
    Ogbene Rathbone Lindsay Barlaser Ferguson
    Smith
    There was a suggestion Wood can't play twice a week, I beg to differ. He's more fit than some in the team and mark my words, he'll be playing tomorrow, now I know you won't like that but it's reality.

Victor
    Edmunds-Green, Ihekwe, Wood, Bola
    Ogbene, Rathbone, Lindsay, Barlaser,Ferguson
    Smith

No disrespect to Wiles but that midfield is as strong as one I've seen all season. Rathbone needs to push up just behind Smith.
    Last edited by Brin; 27-09-2021 at 05:06 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Brin View Post
    Wiles had a dead leg from 65 minutes on yet Warne, persisted and insisted he stayed on hobbling across the pitch unable to chase down loose balls while all the time Lindsay is there to take his place and help shore up midfield. Crewe just ran through the middle time and again as Wiles couldn't assist as he wanted to. Someone sat close to me commented on Wiles looking at the bench hoping he could be brought off but no, why not????? Now look at him, probably more damaged than was necessary.

Fans moan, one especially, when Warne his criticised for his inept substitutions, well this is one where he deserves it!
    Wiles got the dead leg 3 minutes after ladapo came on. I said the same brin but my dad pointed out, We used all our subs.

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast