+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: OT Thrybergh Country Park

OT Thrybergh Country Park

Went for a walk around the lake this morning about 9am. Really beautiful sunshine but quite fresh.

Not been for a while and forgotten how peaceful it is there.

Yes it is, I go at least once a month & take my 97yr old father - law round in the wheelchair he absolutely loves it.

Used to take grandson Sunday mornings, great fun sliding down the steep bank on a big piece of cardboard, pity he didn't ride with me

We used to run round it for PE lessons. Foolishly walked on it whilst it was frozen over and swam in it during the summer 40 odd years ago.
    Sailed on it, canoed it and walked round it so many times.

It's a beautiful place that is a great place to go. Maybe take some bread to feed the birds.

My dog was happily rolling on his back in some reeds there I got a whiff of something in the air.
    He had been rolling on a fish that must have been dead for weeks. The car trip back was something else.

I really like Thrybergh. I just wish the scrubbers who throw their rubbish or don't pick up after their dogs would keep away.

And fecking nappies.

Greasebro dams are nice particularly on balmy summer evenings.

I remember having to do Cross-country thro the fields, thick sludge, then around Thrybergh Reservoir, as it was called then in the early 60's. Not ever been there since, it looks nice.

Quote Originally Posted by rolymiller View Post
    Greasebro dams are nice particularly on balmy summer evenings.
    oh yes, and call for a quick pint after, i live close to them, great wildlife. Best time for a walk is first thing in the morning and cold...
    Last edited by CAMiller; 03-10-2021 at 06:03 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast