+ Visit Carlisle United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Beech's Bum Boys

You completely miss the point, Psaw.

Let’s be honest, I can remember a time when “bloody” was completely unacceptable and “Jesus wept” got BBC commentators into trouble. Times change though; t­wat used to be rude, now it just means idiot. Same with bum boy or bum chum which used to be s­exual slurs but now just mean a teachers pet. Bum also means a person who tries to beg something he’s not entitled or qualified for as in some of our players. I’m not talking dictionary definitions here, this is the way the language evolves on the streets. I doubt that folk on the official board get out much. Also one or two people getting offended isn’t sufficient reason to stop the way in which OUR language evolves.
    Last edited by griff; 28-09-2021 at 07:30 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by griff View Post
    Let’s be honest, I can remember a time when “bloody” was completely unacceptable and “Jesus wept” got BBC commentators into trouble. Times change though; t*wat used to be rude, now it just means idiot. Same with bum boy or bum chum which used to be s*exual slurs but now just mean a teachers pet. Bum also means a person who tries to beg something he’s not entitled or qualified for as in some of our players. I’m not talking dictionary definitions here, this is the way the language evolves on the streets. I doubt that folk on the official board get out much. Also one or two people getting offended isn’t sufficient reason to stop the way in which OUR language evolves.
    When I went to Uni in Leeds at the beginning of the 70's most of the students on my course were from the south. I recall being deeply offended by being called a t'wat i.e. a c'unt but for a southerner it was as Griff states. When my mate met his mother-in-law for the first time in St Johns Newfoundland he was greeted with "how you doing you c'unt" - Newfie linkages to Ireland make the word as a friendly endearment. Mind being callled a c'unt in the town of Dildo about 100 km from St Johns might get us Englsih into a fit of giggles

I once got into trouble because I said that I thought that homo***ually was wrong,I wasn't using abusive language or anything but people was outraged at what I had said and I expected an angry mob coming down my road at anytime,the country has gone ultra sensitive on the subject now so maybe I'm so surprised that piggy got redcarded,how long is the ban for?

*not so surprised

They haven't disclosed the length of the ban. Nor did they give me a warning like they say in their own "rules".

They just waded in heavy handed as they were (apparently) offended by the word "bum" and then banned me and immediately deleted the direct quotation from the COED because it proved them wrong.

I suspect the reality of it is they just didn't like me promoting this forum on there and were looking for any old excuse to dish out a ban. And as with their selective editing and deletions on the thread in question, have attempted to make things look worse overall and better for themselves.

Its a good job i cant ban.

You can barely think much less type Frank.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)