+ Visit West Bromwich Albion FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: McDonald Resigns

I wrote in an earlier post how fortunate Boris was with the enemies he has.

Starmer is very unfortunate as by far and away his biggest adversaries are in his own party. And they are both numerous and powerful.

Quote Originally Posted by mickd1961 View Post
    Angela Rayner is a really spiteful, nasty little gob s h y t e with absolutely no political nous.

Long may she stay in place as the puppet of the unions until Labour can rid itself of this putrid disease and become a proper and professional outfit again.

I actually wrote a thesis on Harold Wilson when I was 16 at school for an exam, I had a lot of time for him as a man and I’m not a traditional Tory.

I’ve been driven away over the years by the nutters.
    Do you watch the crown Mick? It did a good job of showing Wilson as a genuinely even handed politician and a decent human being, sad he had to quit politics. Today’s lot could all take a leaf out of his book.

Quote Originally Posted by mickd1961 View Post
    Angela Rayner is a really spiteful, nasty little gob s h y t e with absolutely no political nous.

Long may she stay in place as the puppet of the unions until Labour can rid itself of this putrid disease and become a proper and professional outfit again.

I actually wrote a thesis on Harold Wilson when I was 16 at school for an exam, I had a lot of time for him as a man and I’m not a traditional Tory.

I’ve been driven away over the years by the nutters.
    I agree that your final two sentences sum up the feelings of many voters in this country. A large number are not 'died in the wool' Tory voters but have turned to them because of the far left zealots that are making the Labour Party unelectable.

Quote Originally Posted by 9goals2hattricks3pen View Post
    I wrote in an earlier post how fortunate Boris was with the enemies he has.

Starmer is very unfortunate as by far and away his biggest adversaries are in his own party. And they are both numerous and powerful.
    I knew we'd find some common ground somewhere.

The far left of the Labour Party make them unelectable. I do hope Starmer goes full throttle on them and gets them out of the party.

John McDonnell is a disgrace for the way he is chirping on the sidelines. Zarah Sultanah has been parachuted into a safe Labour seat by Corbyn and has turned it into a marginal one, is also attacking Starmer. Andy Mcdonald has only strengthened the Tories by timing his resignation now.

The Tories have had no proper opposition since Corbyn was made leader. Starmer has his hands full. Its easy for me to vote Lib Dem because of the constituency I am in, but if I was in a marginal Tory/Labour seat and I had a Sultanah / McDonnell type Labour MP I wouldn't vote for them. I wouldn't vote Tory either by the way, but this would strengthen them, how stupid can they be?

Why don't these people go and form their own Marxist party?

Quote Originally Posted by regis80 View Post
    This is all about economics baggieal. Before the pandemic the unemployment rate was 4%, it currently stands at 4.7% and is expected to go up to 5% after furlough ends. I did a quick check and those figures are from ONS for what the rate is now and an article saying what it was pre-pandemic.
    The 4.7% represents about 1.2m out of work (from what I read, sorry too lazy to go back an check as writing off my mobile). Split that 1.2m around the UK, you wonder how much of an impact that is having locally.
    Anyway thinking a loud, that 0.7% difference - is it really worth upping the wage for this minute working force from say £9 an hour to £15 an hour? That’s a 67% rise in wages? Would you really consider a 67% rise in wages? Who would? It’s a huge amount. Business owners rightly so have to return profit this is a big hit if you employ a decent number of staff. i’m more for a local business than those like amazon you mention. If you up the wage in one sector it will only move the issue elsewhere (labour and price elasticity if demand). Anyway just some thought from me.
    Completely agree. I am all in favour of increasing minimum wage but it needs to be in proportion. A raise from £9 per hour to £15 is a crazy increase.

It basically means a minimum wage worker, working 40 hours per week will be on over £31k per year. Then this will have a domino effect on the rest of the labour market, and of course prices will increase. I could see inflation going through the roof. The economics just wouldn't make sense and small businesses would suffer most, companies like Amazon would probably benefit from it.

Quote Originally Posted by WBA123 View Post
    I knew we'd find some common ground somewhere.

The far left of the Labour Party make them unelectable. I do hope Starmer goes full throttle on them and gets them out of the party.

John McDonnell is a disgrace for the way he is chirping on the sidelines. Zarah Sultanah has been parachuted into a safe Labour seat by Corbyn and has turned it into a marginal one, is also attacking Starmer. Andy Mcdonald has only strengthened the Tories by timing his resignation now.

The Tories have had no proper opposition since Corbyn was made leader. Starmer has his hands full. Its easy for me to vote Lib Dem because of the constituency I am in, but if I was in a marginal Tory/Labour seat and I had a Sultanah / McDonnell type Labour MP I wouldn't vote for them. I wouldn't vote Tory either by the way, but this would strengthen them, how stupid can they be?

Why don't these people go and form their own Marxist party?
    Tories haven't had 'proper opposition' since Blair.

LibDems haven't had a proper leader since Paddy.
    Last edited by 9goals2hattricks3pen; 28-09-2021 at 09:09 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by WBA123 View Post
    Completely agree. I am all in favour of increasing minimum wage but it needs to be in proportion. A raise from £9 per hour to £15 is a crazy increase.

It basically means a minimum wage worker, working 40 hours per week will be on over £31k per year. Then this will have a domino effect on the rest of the labour market, and of course prices will increase. I could see inflation going through the roof. The economics just wouldn't make sense and small businesses would suffer most, companies like Amazon would probably benefit from it.

I agree but depends where you live and the demographics. We are paying this so are many other businesses where we live as it’s either that or have no staff and close losing a huge amount of revenue. I agree though in some areas deemed rough or multi racial where there’s no job shortages businesses will pay much less or what they can get away with.

One business where I live are actually paying for staff to come from 20 miles away and paying well. Obviously their profits can warrant the extra paid as closing would be unthinkable. With the staycations many businesses are seeing a huge increase in business so profits are like not seen before! Again where I live restaurants are full 7 days a week and unless you book one well in advance you will be visiting the chippy! Area by area as mentioned above which push demand due to demographics. Even many parents move to really nice areas because they know the schools will be academically better because they are self selecting if there’s so many professionals within that area.
    Last edited by baggieal; 28-09-2021 at 12:26 PM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)