+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Fatty Boyd

Fatty Boyd

Putting the usual local banter to one side and without condoning the SJS, but well done for this. The Rangers are frankly acting with impunity between banning BBC, SPFL disputes, making their own flag etc etc. Other Clubs maybe need to start to reciprocate.

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/...ndits-25084682

Hun Boyd is a disgrace of a “pundit”. Has been for years.

Agree with the Fun on this one. Well done.

Personally I can't be doing with clubs making stands like this. Pundits should be free to give their opinion and clubs should be professional enough to deal with it.

Quote Originally Posted by TerryTheTerror View Post
    Personally I can't be doing with clubs making stands like this. Pundits should be free to give their opinion and clubs should be professional enough to deal with it.

There’s a limit to that though Terry. Give opinions on professional footballing matters by all means, but Fatty’s stuff commonly stray from the professional to the totally unsubstantiated personal. The article on SJS even had a bit where he stated that a ball had been kicked into the Sky pundits during the warm up before the Derby and he basically said that it was Griffiths that aimed it at him, even though in the very same sentence he admitted that his back had been turned, he was looking in a completely different direction and essentially had no evidence whatsoever to back up what he had just said. So why say it in the first place?

Don't get me wrong, I think he is an utter tool but clubs deciding what journalists are saying? Doesn't seent right to me.

Don't get me wrong, I think he is an utter tool but clubs deciding what journalists are saying? Doesn't seent right to me.
    It only gives the tool a platflorm to further advance his toolness

Regardless of the level of toolness iyf Boyd, fundamentally I just don't think it's right that a club can pressure a journalist (I know) in this way to avoid saying things they are unhappy with.

I think the bar for banning any journos should be set very high. Bans for being critical of a club shouldn't be grounds. Regarding Boyd one with thumb I think it meets the threshold. It was a terrible article. Amongst other things Boyd drew attention to a game from seasons back when Griffiths was in the crowd waving an Irish tricolour. Some people may not like that but he is perfectly entitled to do it. Boyd was dog whistling to the hun support playing the sectarian card. He knew what he was doing.

Not trying to be pedantic but Boyd isn't a journalist TTT, he's another OF mouthpiece who plays to the hordes that follow Rangers. I cringe when these OF phuckers gob off before, during and after games. Is this really the best Sky can come up with? Impartiality doesn't exist in their tiny bigoted little OF minds.

Quote Originally Posted by DUFCstokie View Post
    Not trying to be pedantic but Boyd isn't a journalist TTT, he's another OF mouthpiece who plays to the hordes that follow Rangers. I cringe when these OF phuckers gob off before, during and after games. Is this really the best Sky can come up with? Impartiality doesn't exist in their tiny bigoted little OF minds.
    I know what you mean (has he bothered his arse getting any training on the subject?) but he does punditry and writes articles for newspapers so he is.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)