+ Visit Carlisle United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Club succession

Club succession

Excerpt from https://www.carlisleunited.co.uk/new...could-join-us/

The final paragraph appears to be a non sequitor --- understand fans needs to be in the know but not up-dating since May.

Dave Brown, chairman of the London Branch, said: “It was a lively London event and we were delighted that Nigel Clibbens was able to join us.

“He got a chance to talk to a lot of our members, and I know they appreciated being given the opportunity to do that.

“Hopefully we can organise something similar in the near future because it’s great to see club officials and supporters come together in this way.”

“As I explained to the fans on Saturday the Holdings Board, comprising all the owners, continue to work on the same ‘investment programme’ as detailed by John Nixon at the Fans’ Forum held at the end of May, with the same interested individual,” Nigel commented.

“This process is unchanged and there is nothing new to report at this time. As we have seen in the past, giving a running commentary, making announcements on the process, or putting timeframes on such things can be counter-productive and unhelpful in both raising expectations or getting a deal done.

“I don’t want the club to do that again. I have said this before, the three individual shareholders also do not want to that, or do anything else that has consequences which could be detrimental to the club, or a deal, in the short or long-term.

“They do, however, fully understand the desire from fans for updates and progress. They have been asked for radio and newspaper interviews this week, but at this particular time they believe the club’s best interests are not served by personal interviews, so have declined the invitations.”

Seen it all before; curry house, pizza entrepreneur what will this be? Kebab magnate?

I’ve seen it all before. In 18 months time we’ll be told that it hasn’t come off.

Quote Originally Posted by griff View Post
    Seen it all before; curry house, pizza entrepreneur what will this be? Kebab magnate?

I’ve seen it all before. In 18 months time we’ll be told that it hasn’t come off.
    Aah but. The Directors have learned from previous failures.

It is clear that previous takeover attempts failed because the Club gave "a running commentary", made "announcements on the process" and put "timeframes on things".

They now know that this can be "counter-productive and unhelpful in getting a deal done".

This time they will tell us nothing. Then when a deal doesn't happen it won't be a disappointment.

Everyone's a winner!

They're still trying to persuade Philip Day to formally take over, aren't they?

The "process" they refer to is begging him for a golden handshake.

If he wanted the club he could just call in his debt, so I'm not sure what more there is to gain by asking Clibbens and co questions, they are irrelevant. The person calling the shots is Day.

Quote Originally Posted by Piglet_Phoenix View Post
    They're still trying to persuade Philip Day to formally take over, aren't they?

The "process" they refer to is begging him for a golden handshake.

If he wanted the club he could just call in his debt, so I'm not sure what more there is to gain by asking Clibbens and co questions, they are irrelevant. The person calling the shots is Day.
    Just spent 10 mins typing a response & then some ****ing token error message….

Look on our Rochdale Fans Forum website what happened when the CEO started fans question night & sharks started circling…

The original meeting was on you tube… comedy gold when managers contract was questioned… difference of opinion & the host literally went 🤷*♂️, ok next question…

THAT started a chain of events that I've never seen the like of before bd,started with a manager contract extension that nobody knew about (including some at the club) and ended with sharks trying to buy the club and an investigation by supporters and the Trust that the FA investigated and reported in the national press,a very surreal few months that was both astonishing and extraordinary to witness over the months

Up The Dale,Not For Sale

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)