+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Sliding Doors moment?

Quote Originally Posted by Chicken Balti Pie View Post
    Wouldn't necessarily have been Hollywood but Gerard Pique put in an offer for Notts. Player Chairman anyone?
    Yes that one could have been interesting!

Honestly I feel a little underwhelmed with bros.

Quote Originally Posted by maddogslater View Post
    Honestly I feel a little underwhelmed with bros.
    Is that because they haven't spent say 6 figures on a couple of impressive signings like similar sized clubs and promotion rivals have?

Or is it for other reasons mds?

I thought in our third season down here we at least might have a stronger team than the one that finished the first, I don’t think we have and we look weaker than the one that finished the second.

Quote Originally Posted by maddogslater View Post
    I thought in our third season down here we at least might have a stronger team than the one that finished the first, I don’t think we have and we look weaker than the one that finished the second.
    The first season we finished with:

GK - Slocombe
    RB - Brindley
    CB - Lacey
    CB - Rawlinson
    LB - McCrory/ Cardiff Loan

RW - Enzio
    LW - Roberts
    CM - Rose/ O'Brien
    CM - Doyle

ST - Wootton
    ST - Dennis/ Thomas

The only real weakening is in our options up front, central midfield depending on who gets selected have improved in my opinion.

Saturday v Woking might be the beginning of an amazing run that sees us climb into 1st place and stay there, Dover might put a run together that sees them ultimately avoid relegation. As of today however, I'd swap our owners for Wrexham's owners in a heart-beat, I'd probably swap our owners for the vast majority of chairman above us in the pyramid.

We are getting worse under the Reedtz bros, there is no argument about that, it's a stone cold fact. Last season we finished lower in the table and got knocked out at an earlier stage in the play offs than 2019/20.
    This week, it's been confirmed what we've probably all suspected - deep down - since the day Burchnall was appointed. The owners are, relatively speaking, skint.

If they haven't got the football nous either, then - tragically - we are still yet to hit rock bottom and that is not going to be pretty.

COYP

Quote Originally Posted by matt_magpie View Post
    Don’t think they did think we’d go straight back up. I’m pretty sure they knew it was one up and a tough league to get out of. The only thing they might regret with buying us is with brexit quashing their whole model around buying undervalued overseas players.
    Maybe not straight back up but we are one of the strongest in the league off the field and they would have expected us to go up if not year one then in year two.

"We've probably all suspected....."

Wow!

I don't know may chairmen/owners above us in the football pyramid but compared to Trew and Hardy we are rich rich rich and more importantly paying the milk bill.

I'm not privy to the financial situation of most owners so were Barrow, Harrogate, Sutton and Hartlepool any better off? I doubt all of them were, just better managed.

Quote Originally Posted by upthemaggies View Post
    Saturday v Woking might be the beginning of an amazing run that sees us climb into 1st place and stay there, Dover might put a run together that sees them ultimately avoid relegation. As of today however, I'd swap our owners for Wrexham's owners in a heart-beat, I'd probably swap our owners for the vast majority of chairman above us in the pyramid.
    Bloody hell UTM I thought I was glass half empty where Notts are concerned! Given the chance, I'd probably swap with Wrexham on the basis that they've got more cash than we seem to have, and bailing out when things get tough would damage their owners reputation, which even at this level might count for something in Hollywood. Saying that, I'm glad we've got the Reedtz Brothers even if their finances may be limited. I'd rather have a club in Division 5 than be a Bury or Macclesfield fan, and I admit I know nothing about the merits of the chairmen of the clubs above us in the pyramid.

Quote Originally Posted by upthemaggies View Post
    We are getting worse under the Reedtz bros, there is no argument about that, it's a stone cold fact. Last season we finished lower in the table and got knocked out at an earlier stage in the play offs than 2019/20.
    As you say, that is a fact and it can't be easily ignored. This season should tell us a lot about whether we're happy to remain a nicely solvent top 7 tier 5 club, or whether we should hope for better. Personally, I hope for better in the full realisation that this is a difficult league to get out of. Building for the future sounds great on paper, but not if "the future" turns out to be years away. Even though we deserve to be here, I will never accept that this division is now our place.

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast