+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: AFC Wimbledon Post Match Thoughts

I've said it before..build the side around Barlaser.
    Rathbone does the mileage Barlaser is a poor man's Hoddle... I love to watch him.

....not as good as a performance as Sat but a better result....strange init?
    Reg, Rathbone, Ferguson and Barlaser were the stand out for me.......woods just normal..lol

Oggy...so frustrating......Icky....poor game.....is it whoever plays LCB play crap??....oh and the ref???? at least he was just poor all round.
    Glad Grigg got off the mark, see if it starts an avalanche of goals....

Good to see three points in the bag from a home game and putting the game beyond a plucky side. Once this side 'clicks' some side could be in for a torrid 90 minutes - may take a little while longer but the foundations are there

First half I was so bored watching a game where both teams cancelled each other out with no end product, even started yawning part way through it such was the dire way the game was panning out until the goals came after half a hour.

Half Time pep talk from Warne or was it a bullet up their arse? Heh presto we started to click even better.

Edmonds - Green is more than a stand in for Harding and had probably his best game for us tonight, well impressed by him. Soild, resolute, damn hard working and got up and down the wing accordingly. Some fantastic chasing back and retrieving the ball. That second half loss and chase back to gain control again was pure class! 10/10

Rathbone - Man or machine? Just what is in this lads tank? I thought there was a fuel shortage but his tank his constantly full. His energy knows no boundaries, just how much does he cover in a game and, right up to the 89th minute he was like a springer spaniel.....truly amazing to see. Another fully deserved MOTM with Edmonds - Green pushing him all the way.

Smithy - Another two goals that is surely now pushing him out the door. This man shows true professionalism when you consider no one came in for him in the transfer window. Most players would have sulked and probably lost their way but not Smudge. Full on and now 7 League goals scored already after 9 games. Well done Michael lad, keep it up and go earn those mega bucks, you've bloody well shown the way how to do it.

Ogbene - he is so bloody frustrating! Genius at close quarter, dribbling, taking on and running like a train but, his crossing and hesitation tonight was woeful at times. I wish he would just hit open ball opportunities the first time instead of trying to do something else with the ball. Like someone said, his last 15 minutes were his best part tonight but he truly has it all he's just got to hone his skills to be the complete article.

I mention four key players but, ALL the team deserve a big pat on the back for their contribution for a very spirited second half display. Even the big man at the back got off the floor after a nasty collision, that must have hurt but, he still got up and showed tremendous leadership, are you reading this gru?

Grigg off the mark......same two up front Saturday? Nice to see Kayode get a run out over Ladapo, I hope this sent a clear message to him. Freddie, pull your finger out or you're third choice. JJ showed what application is when he came on.

Special mention to Ferguson and Barlaser, tonight gentlemen, pure class, well done!
    Last edited by Brin; 28-09-2021 at 10:12 PM.

Not the best game but three points in the bag

Reg motm

Hope whoever was receiving cpr at top of New York way after game pulls through

Half Time pep talk from Warne or was it a bullet up their arse? Heh presto we started to click. Goal , goal, goal and we all came home smiling.

We only scored 1 in the second half and that wasn’t until the 89th minute????

I'm going to keep asking this question:. How the feck did Rochdale keep Rathbone for so long???? He's unbelievably good!

I thought Wimbledon were significantly better than Crewe. Yet tonight we won 3 0, and on Saturday we only drew. Funny old game indeed.

We're not quite there. There are question marks over our defence. But whisper it quietly..... this squad could (and I emphasise "could") be very, very good.

Quote Originally Posted by Scum-Triumphant View Post
    Half Time pep talk from Warne or was it a bullet up their arse? Heh presto we started to click. Goal , goal, goal and we all came home smiling.

We only scored 1 in the second half and that wasn’t until the 89th minute????
    Brin's been listening to Gru too much and has started to take on his confused persona

Either that or he had a Wizard of Oz moment and did drift off into a dreamy sleep.
    Last edited by CAMiller; 28-09-2021 at 10:10 PM.

There can't be many better footballing sides in this division, when we are on point.
    Had our usual wobble on 70 minutes, but wrapped it up with the third goal.
    A word for the Wombles fans. A very good bunch of lads in the Cutlers. Should be allowed free entry and a tank full of petrol for their appearance in rainy old Rovrum on a Tuesday night.

Quote Originally Posted by Grumpy King of the West View Post
    I'm going to keep asking this question:. How the feck did Rochdale keep Rathbone for so long???? He's unbelievably good!

I thought Wimbledon were significantly better than Crewe. Yet tonight we won 3 0, and on Saturday we only drew. Funny old game indeed.

We're not quite there. There are question marks over our defence. But whisper it quietly..... this squad could (and I emphasise "could") be very, very good.
    If you ask that question one more time I'll have to ban you and send you in exile to TykesMAD

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast