+ Visit West Bromwich Albion FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Rubbish football

Rubbish football

That's what a Villa fan said his Albion mates keep telling him. "All my Albion mates do is moan about how bad the football is".
    Unbeaten in 10. Just beat Cardiff away 0-4 with two worldly strikes.
    It wont stop the moaning. Unfortunately for some nothing is ever good enough. Its in their DNA.

Where's Bummersleftbol lock when we need him to put a downer on things?

Quote Originally Posted by boingy View Post
    That's what a Villa fan said his Albion mates keep telling him. "All my Albion mates do is moan about how bad the football is".
    It wont stop the moaning. Unfortunately for some nothing is ever good enough. Its in their DNA.

Well said Boingy! I have been more excited than for years!

Great performance last night totally opposite to the QPR game played with pace aggression skill from the kick off the result never in question , & topped off by a couple of brilliant strikes , well done the Lads boing boing ,

Well said and good point!

Val plays a high press high intensity system that is reliant on getting the ball to the final third quickly, when this works and we then retain the ball and play quick passing football it is a good watch, however when the system breaks down and we don’t retain the ball it looks akin to kick and rush hoof ball, this isn’t the way Val wants us to play, give him time and please Lai some investment and we will have more days like last night and less like the last 2 games!

Quote Originally Posted by DaveP67 is back! View Post
    Val plays a high press high intensity system that is reliant on getting the ball to the final third quickly, when this works and we then retain the ball and play quick passing football it is a good watch, however when the system breaks down and we don’t retain the ball it looks akin to kick and rush hoof ball, this isn’t the way Val wants us to play, give him time and please Lai some investment and we will have more days like last night and less like the last 2 games!
    Yup. We need to just trust the process with patience.

I keep reading that there is no Plan B. To me we score goals from set plays, counter attacks, in the air, on the ground, long shots, tap ins and long throws.

What on earth would Plan B look like?

We seemed to “hoof” it quite well for 50 yards like we did for the fourth goal.

There’s absolutely nothing wrong with a 50-60 yard ball as long as you have a player willing to do the hard yards to get on the end of it and to then outmuscle the opponent like we did last night.

As former full back I can assure anyone that the last thing you want is a fast, long ball played out wide when you’re team has been on the attack.

It’s almost impossible to defend other than getting there first and knocking it out of play.

On the coach back last night, a lad was heard saying "even if we won the Champion's League, Premiership, League Cup, they would moan about us not winning the FA Cup". Spot on.

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)