+ Visit West Bromwich Albion FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Good old big val

Good old big val

Can we have him back on loan until January with a view to a permanent move please?

Quote Originally Posted by renno View Post
    Can we have him back on loan until January with a view to a permanent move please?

No chance! Doing a good job in my eyes with two of the best players out and a couple needing more confidence which will come. We will get better. Mowatt - what a player and another screamer last night!

Quote Originally Posted by baggieal View Post
    No chance! Doing a good job in my eyes with two of the best players out and a couple needing more confidence which will come. We will get better. Mowatt - what a player and another screamer last night!
    It's good to see them both doing well

AM cut a frustrated figure at Oakwell a couple of years ago under Struber as he was doing 3 folks' jobs, he started adding goals to his game last season under VI to start looking like a more all round midfielder as he had far more support. I think with the step up (or 4 as it is now-only 2 before this manager got hold of the reds) in quality around him it probably leaves him free to concentrate on other parts of his game. I really liked AM and what I really liked is that although he was out of contract in the summer and knew a bigger move was on the cards, he never let his standards drop - something we have seen times many at Oakwell when a player gets their head turned by a bigger club. The only thing that he lacks for me to be a top top player is that bit of pace but thats being really nit-picky

I've said it before that you lot will be promoted with 6-10 games to spare

Big Val and AM will no doubt get a standing ovation from the reds crowd on 18th December and deservedly so for what we achieved last season which was against all odds. People moan too readily about the standard of football being played, yet if a side is rooted to the bottom the first thing us fans say is we'll take an ugly 1-0 (As I would tonight against Forest), so whats the difference having the odd ugly win when you're top end of the table?!! A wins a win!!

Quote Originally Posted by renno View Post
    It's good to see them both doing well

AM cut a frustrated figure at Oakwell a couple of years ago under Struber as he was doing 3 folks' jobs, he started adding goals to his game last season under VI to start looking like a more all round midfielder as he had far more support. I think with the step up (or 4 as it is now-only 2 before this manager got hold of the reds) in quality around him it probably leaves him free to concentrate on other parts of his game. I really liked AM and what I really liked is that although he was out of contract in the summer and knew a bigger move was on the cards, he never let his standards drop - something we have seen times many at Oakwell when a player gets their head turned by a bigger club. The only thing that he lacks for me to be a top top player is that bit of pace but thats being really nit-picky

I've said it before that you lot will be promoted with 6-10 games to spare

Big Val and AM will no doubt get a standing ovation from the reds crowd on 18th December and deservedly so for what we achieved last season which was against all odds. People moan too readily about the standard of football being played, yet if a side is rooted to the bottom the first thing us fans say is we'll take an ugly 1-0 (As I would tonight against Forest), so whats the difference having the odd ugly win when you're top end of the table?!! A wins a win!!

Totally agree - a wins a win. That said, I have been more excited by the high press football than I have for years and we had had some poor managers including Darren Moore. If you take into the equation this is the weakest West Brom squad for years and we have two of our best players out injured then Val is doing a brilliant job. Love Mowatt as i appreciate the hard work and graft of any player!

I will be coming to Barnsley as you have great fans and I really hope you both give them a big round of applause. Val spoke really well of your club and fans when he left which shows what a great person he is.

Quote Originally Posted by baggieal View Post
    Totally agree - a wins a win. That said, I have been more excited by the high press football than I have for years and we had had some poor managers including Darren Moore. If you take into the equation this is the weakest West Brom squad for years and we have two of our best players out injured then Val is doing a brilliant job. Love Mowatt as i appreciate the hard work and graft of any player!

I will be coming to Barnsley as you have great fans and I really hope you both give them a big round of applause. Val spoke really well of your club and fans when he left which shows what a great person he is.
    They certainly will from my side - I would be embarrassed if other fans booed them . Last season was something like the 4th highest finish in the clubs history and lets be fair, the gulf money wise is bigger than its ever been. From what I can gather VI (and AM during his longer stint) have been generous with their time locally, I know in a way its only right for the money the modern day footballer/managers get, but its a dying breed.

We are what we are in the pecking order of the football pyramid - ultimately a feeder club, as long as whoever is under our wagebill at the time puts a shift in then that all I ask of as a fan. Over my knocking up 40 years watching us, you get to understand anyone decent leaves and on the flip side you're going to get your fair share of dross!

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)