+ Visit Queen of the South FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Queens v Dunfermline

With our abysmal home record and Dunfermlines all round crap record this season, two managers who appear clueless and a forecast for awful weather I doubt we are in for a classic.......

Good luck to the Queens today, a positive result today sets them up for Friday nights cup tie. Time to think positive and get behind the team. Mon the South. Can't wait to get back up over the border soon. Didn't realise how much I have missed the Doonhamers over the last two years. Keep the faith.✊️

Quote Originally Posted by ALBERTZ_11 View Post
    Referee: Steven McLean

AR1: John McCrossan

AR2: Craig Macrae
    For once I thank you. This referee is an arsehole. Now I know who to boo next time he discriminates against Queens. Totally in favour of the Pars.

I'll take that result today. Probably deserved as we were the least ****e of two very poor teams. It's not hard to see how the Pars are where they are at the bottom. Instantly forgetable apart from another moment of Lee Connelly quality. We have played far better and lost. When will we get a game where we play well along with getting the win? Friday I hope. MON THE SOUTH!

I wonder if any of the statisticians out there can tell us the last time Queens started two games in a row with the same setup? Johnston is a tinkerman.

Absolute scenes in the area where me and my pensioners buddies were sitting when the goal went in but after the match none of us could remember what we used to do to celebrate 3 points so we all just went home for a cup of tea.

Now that we have the home winless streak monkey off our backs let's hope that we can at last kick on for the rest of the season.

Quote Originally Posted by Spikefaethesouth View Post
    Now that we have the home winless streak monkey off our backs let's hope that we can at last kick on for the rest of the season.
    Yes Spike poor game, poor attendance (under 1,000 Doonhamer fans due to the morning's weather I suspect) but a very welcome three points with that late goal being celebrated wildly after the first home league win since February !

Exceedingly hard watch but ramped but for the last ten minutes as the tension rose. Probably we edged it because of our second half performance in particular but we need to do much better. Crowds are still being affected by the ground restrictions in my view which was the reason, along with the weather, that I watched from home on this occasion.

Certainly not a classic, - but we just edged the 3 points.

Now for the controversy: I normally beg our manager to make substitutions, - but why on earth did he remove the most effective player on the park? After Junior went off the game was totally flat until those two moments of real quality from Connelly.

There may well be a really sound reason, - but I would have kept Junior on the park for the full 90 minutes as he was causing Dunfermline all sorts of problems.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)